Thread: The Dark Side of surf fishing

Hybrid View

Default Re: The Dark Side of surf fishing

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    This has special meaning because Fin and I were talking about it the other day.

There is a guy we are friends with who is down on his luck and has lost his job.
    OGB mentioned he has been going to bed at 7pm so he can get up to fish the night tides and put himself in a position to catch the few bass that are around now.

As Fin was talking about our mutual friend., I was thinking about my life and that of some of my friends.
    .... often involving late night tides.

I realized that there are some nights I have been in bed at 7pm just so I can get up at 1am and fish certain late night tides until first light.
    A friend and I were talking the other day. He has 2 jobs and says he is doing the same thing.

Fishing is fun, but if you have addictive tendencies, it can **** you in, worse than a crack pipe........

I say this because I know.....

When you live an hour drive from your favorite fishing haunts not falling asleep at the wheel becomes a serious concern.

The worst is when you plan to fish 9-1am after a long day of work and then around 1am you finally start catching fish. You fish all night until 6am...and you have to be at work by 8am. You get to work and your coworkers ask if you were out drinking last night and you LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    You get to work and your coworkers ask if you were out drinking last night and you LOL.
    Semi-related joke-

Don sneaks in after a night out on the water.
    On his way in he rubs lipstick on his collar, and drinks a quick beer so it appears he has been drinking.
    He gets into the bedroom and his wife turns on the light.
    "Where were you, honey?" his wife asks.
    Don says: "Oh honey I was out drinking with the boys.
    She walks up to him and sees fish scales on his hands - "Don't lie to me you have been fishing again!"'''''''''

^^ Haha! Funny stuff dogfish! Here is a cool video maybe you guys will like it.

Hilarious lol!!!

Basshunter, thank you.
    The guy I fished next to is a mutual friend of Finchaser and me. The guy in that video reminds me of him. Looks like him a bit too, only the guy we know has a beard...

Today is his anniversary and he was out fishin....hope he's still married by next year....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Basshunter, thank you.
    The guy I fished next to is a mutual friend of Finchaser and me. The guy in that video reminds me of him. Looks like him a bit too, only the guy we know has a beard...

Today is his anniversary and he was out fishin....hope he's still married by next year....
    He's celebrating like I always tell you your not in trouble until you come home and your clothes are packed in bags on the front lawn. aah the memories,

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again