Thread: Boating etiquette

Hybrid View

I'll start this off. Basic, common sense, things you've all heard before.

--When trolling, and you come upon a group of other boats that you can see are chunking, do not run through their chum slick.

--When you come upon a group of boats pursuing or fishing a pod of bait or predators, first determine where the bait appears to be heading, and then throttle down or cut your engine so you will drift in to intercept it without interfering with the boats that were there first.

--Never position your boat so you come in directly on top of feeding fish, most likely it will put them down.

Don't position your boat close to shore where there are surfcasters.

No wake zone means no wake. Disregarding this means possibly swamping kayakers, surfcasters, and others who might be peripheral to your line of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by bunkerjoe4 View Post
    --When you come upon a group of boats pursuing or fishing a pod of bait or predators, first determine where the bait appears to be heading, and then throttle down or cut your engine so you will drift in to intercept it without interfering with the boats that were there first.

--Never position your boat so you come in directly on top of feeding fish, most likely it will put them down.
    There are the 2 biggest pita things for me, maybe why I don't go out on boats much. Why is it so hard to understand these 2 simple things?