Thread: Speak English racist or not?

Default Speak English racist or not?

Joey Vento of Geno's Philly cheesestakes under fire for a "speak English" sign in his place.

My family has German ancestry. When Germans first came here, we had to learn English, or take the jobs others did not want. During the war, there was prejudice and distrust of some Germans. Many of us were secretly suspected of supporting Hitler, and were discriminated against.

Nonetheless, the new immigrant generation feels entitled to file lawsuits whenever their feelings are hurt. Get over it!

i say speak english or die

Seems they targeted him. Sucks. If you listen to the whole thing, he did not refuse service to anyone as of yet. Don't see how they can make a case out of that.

^ What he said. What happened to American rights to free speech?

My parents were born in Cuba, still speak Spanish inthe house. In the outside world, they speak English, you would never know my father did not grow up knowing English. They practiced and practiced, took classes, and learned from TV. My father always said to me that Spanish people would not get good jobs unless they learned "the English". I agree with this owner, he has a right to ask people to speak English. This is America, and we are all Americans living here, but some people are lazy.

Too bad for them, if you want your piece of the American dream, you have to work for it.

People get offended over every little thing in this country. Should take some of the energy from that and put it toward us all speaking English, would go a long way toward minimizing the racial and cultural barriers that exist sometimes.

Default Casa D'Ice

U ARE IN OUR LAND SPEAK ENGLISH IF NOT TO BAD FOR U I HAD SOME PEOPLE GET MAD AT ME WHEN I HAD MY SHOP OH WELL