Thread: Fishing Show

Default Fishing Show

I heard there is a show tomorrow. Anyone going?

If you are in New Jersey,the show to go to today is the Berkeley Striper Club Flea market. They will have a good selection of vendors and some custom plug builders selling.

If you cannot attend that show, you might want to go to the Asbury Park show on March 9. It is the premier show for this area of the East Coast. Some of the most talented plug builders from all over will be at show.

For anyone else whom is interested, here is a schedule of the New Jersey Shows. Some of them seem small, but if you live near the area, they might be worth checking out:

Mar. 2 Seaside Heights NJ Berkeley Striper Club @ Hugh J. Boyd El. School Bay Blvd

Mar. 8 Ocean City NJ Intermediate School Fishing Flea Mkt.

Mar. 9 Asbury Park NJ Fishing Club Flea Market Convention Hall

Mar. 14-16 Somerset NJ (Garden State Expo Center) Saltwater Fishing Expo
    Mar. 15 Rahway NJ Fishing Flea Market St. Thomas Church Rt. 27
    Mar. 15 Forked River NJ Fish Hawks Fisherman's Fishing Sale/Flea Market Lacey Elks
    Mar. 16 Sergeantsville NJ Fire Co Hunt & Fishing Flea Market
    Mar. 29 Manahawkin NJ Stafford Fire Co Fishing Flea Market
    Mar. 30 Manville NJ VFW 600 Washington Ave N End Fire Co #3 Fishing Flea Market
    Mar. 28-30? Wildwoods, NJ Boat Show & Fishing Expo

Ok, thanks very much for the info. Sounds like the Asbury show is a go, and I will try to make this one also. I am looking for some custom plugs, and jigs.
    Last edited by surferman; 03-02-2008 at 09:51 AM.

For you guys and anyone else who may be visiting here, the Asbury Show is the one in NJ. If you really love custom plugs, you don't want to miss this show. Some of the premier plug builders from the East Coast will be there. Plan on going early if you want to buy a particular plug. Some folks will be lining up at 3am, or earlier.There will be limits on some of the plugs due to the high demand.

This is truly a show where if "you snooze, you lose!"

A little info:

Date: March 9: 9AM to 2PM
    Show:Asbury Park Fishing Club Flea Market
    Ocean Ave. between Fifth & Sunset
    Asbury Park, NJ
    Admission: $3 per person, over 120 tables, plus selection of antique tackle.

Further info as to plugmakers can be obtained directly from the Asbury Park Fishing Club, a great group of fishermen.
    They will also give anyone who is interested info on membership application. They are one of the oldest clubs around, and have a great reputation. In 1888, Colonel James A Bradley, founder of the City of Asbury Park, and nine of his friends formed this club. They have been a respected part of the fishing community ever since.

If I get a chance later on, I will try to post directions and some more info.

Bunkerjoe

I grabbed the directions. This is the show to go to. If you are late, you willlose out.

Directions from Northern NJ

1. Get onto Garden State Parkway SOUTH
    2. EXIT 102 toward ASBURY PARK / NEPTUNE TWP
    3. Merge onto ASBURY AVE. and proceed 3.0 miles
    4. Turn SLIGHT LEFT (.1 miles) and then RIGHT onto County Road CR-16 / ASBURY AVE. and continue to follow ASBURY AVE. for 1.8 miles
    5. Turn LEFT onto OCEAN AVE. and proceed 0.3 miles to Asbury Park Convention Hall

Directions from Southern NJ

1. Get onto Garden State Parkway NORTH
    2. Merge onto NJ-138 E via EXIT 98 toward BELMAR / WALL TWP. / SPRING LAKE and proceed 1.7 miles
    3. Merge onto NJ-18 N toward EATONTOWN and proceed 4.5 miles
    4. Take the RT-66 E exit - EXIT 10A toward ASBURY PARK
    5. Merge onto ASBURY AVE. and proceed 0.6 miles
    6. Turn SLIGHT LEFT (.1 miles) and then RIGHT onto County Road CR-16 / ASBURY AVE. and continue to follow ASBURY AVE. for 1.8 miles
    7. Turn LEFT onto OCEAN AVE. and proceed 0.3 miles to Asbury Park Convention Hall

Directions from Western NJ

1. Get onto I-195 E. 22.6 miles Map
    2. I-195 E becomes NJ-138 E. and 1.6 miles
    3. Merge onto NJ-18 N toward EATONTOWN and proceed 4.5 miles
    4. Take the RT-66 E exit - EXIT 10A toward ASBURY PARK
    5. Merge onto ASBURY AVE. and proceed 0.6 miles
    6. Turn SLIGHT LEFT (.1 miles) and then RIGHT onto County Road CR-16 / ASBURY AVE. and continue to follow ASBURY AVE. for 1.8 miles
    7. Turn LEFT onto OCEAN AVE. and proceed 0.3 miles to Asbury Park Convention Hall

Asbury is the king of all shows.

Man I went to that show. looked like a bunch of plug zombies walkin around with a glazed look in their eyes. Guess I must be one of them too.