Thread: Kids fishing derbies 2015

Default Kids fishing derbies 2015

Didn't see a place for fishing derbies so I thought I would start a thread.

Kid's Fishing/Snapper Derby 2015 has been scheduled for Sept 12, 8:30am at Harborside Marina 260B Front Street Perth Amboy, NJ 08861.

Annual Kids Fishing Derby and Casting Contest is open to Kids 15 years old and younger regardless of residency. Activities will run until noon. lots of fun for kids and lots of prizes too.

http://www.rbacnj.com/2kids-derby/

Thanks for the heads up. Might bring the kids there.

Thank you sir. Sounds like a good time. Does anyone know is it safe in that area? I heard some parts of perth amboy are sketchy.

Not that bad. Like any other urban area it has it's good and bad places. The pier is a good place to bring kids fishing. It does get real crowded when the fishing is hot. Other than that it's all good.

Agreed. It's a great place to bring the little ones to introduce them to fishing. Other places are the shark river and manasquan inlets. Just be careful when walking out on the rocks. To catch snappers you often don't have to walk out very far.

They had one at island beach sponsored by the njbba. I took my grandkids. They did not win any trophys but the njbba puts on such a great event that all the children felt like winners. Thanks we all had a good time. Here is a video of the first place winners.

Cool. The kids don't care they are happy just to catch.

Thanks for sharing. Always good to hear of kids fishing and getting in touch with where the fish on their plate come from.