Thread: bumps instead of hits

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    That happens to me every once and a while, I usually can catch them by using a floating plug and when I get a bump stop the plug and twitch it a few times let it sit and then retrive it quickly by doing this I can usually hook up.
    This is a very good technique. I have also had luck when incorporating the above as part of a variable retrieve. People sometimes forget that the plugs we are using are very effective when imitating a baitfish in distress. That baitfish would not be following a steady, direct path if it was dying.

Default stinger hooks

For all you guys who fish bucktails and have missed strikes, try using a bucktail with a stinger. This should only be used on a smooth as opposed to sticky bottom or you will lose your rig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucktail stinger.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	9796

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTuna View Post
    For all you guys who fish bucktails and have missed strikes, try using a bucktail with a stinger. This should only be used on a smooth as opposed to sticky bottom or you will lose your rig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucktail stinger.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	9796
    Now theres a secret not too many people know my grandfather showed me that one for those short biting fluke

I remembered reading a thread on this. I had such a frustrating night tonight cause I got one short striper but I think I could have caught a few others. They were just slightly tapping the lure. suggestions for when fishing lures and that happened to you guys? Thanks