Thread: Inlet and beach drownings and accidents

Default Inlet and beach drownings and accidents

Be careful out there, guys. The sea is not picky, she'll take everyone she can.

Avon police seek identity of drowning victim

November 5, 2008

AVON — Police are working to confirm the identity of a man who drowned after falling off a jetty about 11 a.m. Wednesday, said Police Chief Terry Mahon.
    Someone saw the man fall into the water and called 911, which led to the Area Network Shore Water Emergency Response team coming to the scene, Mahon said. The victim is believed to have been fishing when he fell into the water, police said.

The search for the man by the scuba divers, firefighters, first aid squad members and police officers was assisted by two good Samaritans, who helped bring the man to shore after he was located, Mahon said. The names of the two were not immediately available, Mahon said.

The victim was in the water about 10 minutes before the searchers located him and brought him to shore.

He was placed in an Avon First Aid Squad ambulance and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation was performed while he was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, Mahon said.
    -- Margaret F. Bonafide

man that sux. i felt like a wuss for leaving the hook and not fishin tonight, maybe i made the right choice. thoughts and prayers to his family.

Wow, what a sad thing, RIP.

That's terrible news. There were some big swells out there today.

Some of the veteran guys who have taught me have related enough stories about getting washed off, and waking up in a pool of water, for me to realize how lucky they have been. I don't have a lot of luck in life, if there's a black cloud it's sometimes my fortune to be under it.

I am sorry to hear about that poor guy who is no longer here. I think about his family, and the ones who will not be able to call him "Dad", "bro", "husband", or "friend" any more. Such a terrible tragedy.

No sense heaping blame at this point on him, he's gone and will never be back in this world. I pray and hope the next world treats him with kindness, and that his family will eventually move forward from this.

RIP, fellow fisherman, thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.

Its very sad.
    Jettys scare the heck out of me. I don't do jettys, not for me, I'll stick to the sand.
    Prayers to him and his family.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Very sorry to hear the news, thoughts and prayers.

I'm assuming the Avon jetty is in NJ? That's very sad, thoughts and prayers.

another one lost SRI. Thoughts and prayers, he was only 17.the same age as my grandchildren.
    http://www.app.com/story/news/local/...iver/87200836/

17 is way too young. RIP, thoughts and prayers.

Prayers sent.

This guy had to have been drunk LOL. Crashed into the Point Pleasant Canal. That's not an easy thing to do there are lots of barriers.

"A driver crashed into the Point Pleasant Canal early Sunday morning.

Local fire, EMS, and dive units responded to the Point Pleasant Canal near River Road in Point Boro shortly after midnight.

Authorities say the driver escaped through the sunroof and told responding emergency personnel that he was the sole occupant.

Dive*teams were dispatched to confirm there were no additional occupants.

Local units were released a few hours later, and the scene was turned over to the New Jersey State Police and the U.S. Coast Guard.

A video posted yesterday on YouTube (Mark Rosetti/Demonracer2), below, shows construction*sawhorses and cones blocking a damaged guardrail that runs along the terminus of River Road above the canal.*Footage from the scene begins at 1:30.*

Authorities have not yet released additional information."

rip

Sad to see such a young man meet his end. Thoughts and prayers