Thread: Tribute to fallen soldiers.

Hybrid View

What an honor to see that someone from the Armed Forces has seen this thread and the hard work of bunkerjoe and all the members, who want to pay tribute to those who gave their life for their country.

It is difficult to read but a wonderful tribute to our bravest men and women. I truly believe that they must never be forgotten.

Mike, there are not enough words to thank you and your comrades for the sacrifices that you make every day. I pray that God keeps all of you safe.

Katiefishes - You don't have to "say" thanks...take them fishing... we know. Little things like these tributes all over the web make us proud to serve. Take a service out fishing and just BS for the day and maybe catch some fish and they will remember it for the rest of their lives. Thanks again. Mike
    FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
    takeasoldierfishing.com
    Combat Warrior Crisis Network

TAKEASOLDIERFISHING is a department of Combat Warrior Crisis Network an official Affiliate Subordinate Ministry legally operating under the group exemption of Chaplain Fellowship Ministries International Inc., a legally incorporated 501 (c) (3) Federal Tax Exempt Non-Profit Public Charity. http://www.chaplain-ministries.com/501c3.html.

Mike Nashif
    President CWCN
    254-368-2174

<H1>Crash of military helicopter in Mideast killed four Texas Army National Guard soldiers

Star-Telegram
    By CHRIS VAUGHN

The deaths of four Texas Army National Guard soldiers in what appeared to be a helicopter accident last week marked the deadliest day in years for the state’s citizen-soldiers.
    Among those killed was a sergeant from Springtown, a soldier from Kennedale and a first sergeant from San Antonio. Three National Guardsmen from Oklahoma also died in the accident, which occurred at midnight Thursday as their CH-47 Chinook flew from Kuwait into Iraq.
    Military authorities said there was no indication of enemy fire.
    The Defense Department had still not released the names of the seven men by Saturday evening, but word was leaking out into communities anyway.
    The family of Sgt. Anthony Luke Mason, 37, of Springtown confirmed that he was a casualty. The Oklahoman newspaper and the Kennedale school district confirmed the death of Warrant Officer Corry Edwards, 38, of Kennedale. The San Antonio Express-News identified another casualty as 1st Sgt. Julio Ordonez, a 30-year veteran of the Guard from San Antonio.
    The Oklahoman also identified as casualties Sgt. Dan Eshbaugh, 43, of Norman; Cpl. Michael Thompson, 23, of Kingston; and Warrant Officer Brady Rudolf, 37, of Moore.
    All of the men were serving with the 2nd Battalion, 149th Aviation Regiment, a 600-person unit based in Grand Prairie. That unit and its 32 helicopters deployed to Iraq in late August and operates out of the Balad area.
    Mason worked full time for the National Guard unit. He joined the Guard about 12 years ago as a mechanic. He became part of the flight crew a few years ago as an additional challenge.
    It was Mason’s second deployment to Iraq.
    "He represented his country well," his mother-in-law, Shirley Stroud, said. "He believed in his country."
    A native of Azle, Mason enjoyed fishing, bowling and hunting deer on a lease near Graham. But his family said he most loved spending time with his daughters — a 13-year-old, twin 8-year-olds and a 4-year-old — in their sports and cheerleading.
    The coming months will be very hard on his family — their birthdays are in September, October and November.
    "He was a very hands-on dad," Stroud said. "They’ll have a lot of great memories."
    Edwards’ family declined to comment Saturday.

</H1>

Man, another 4 down. Ya think it won't matter as much much if ya didn't know these guys personally, but it gets me every time.

Thoughts and prayers to the families.

I found this song, hope it's appropriate.

Amazing grace - for the soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Man, another 4 down. Ya think it won't matter as much much if ya didn't know these guys personally, but it gets me every time.

Great video, thoughts and prayers. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Amazing video and pic compilation.

I went to Vermont recently and while driving down HWY 100 I came across this tribute to all of the soliders who have been killed in Iraq. One flag for each soul.

It really makes you stop and think. They were husbands, fathers, sons, brothers, wives, mothers, daughters, and sisters. Uncles, Aunts, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. They were our protector. They gave us the ultimate sacrifice of their lives, fighting for our freedom, fighting for what they believe in. Their families gave us their most precious gift.

This memorial was soul searching and heart wrenching.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vermont 10-11-08 033.jpg   Vermont 10-11-08 034.jpg  

Vermont 10-11-08 035.jpg   Vermont 10-11-08 037.jpg  

You read the numbers killed in the news, but nothing is as moving as seeing it right there in front of you in graphic representation.

Nice job, Katie, thanks for posting.