Thread: Public Trust - Access issues in Rumson, NJ

Hybrid View

There's a guy on one street who feels it's his own personal compound. He's a **** to everyone. I don't necessarily think it's all on the guys fishing on this one.

Default Re: Public Trust - Access issues in Rumson, NJ

Bababooey, than you for your opinion. Duly noted.

I want to state for the record that I have met that guy.
    The recent case in Rumson Municipal Court was related to tresspassing on the bulkhead that borders his property.

I would agree that he seems like an unpleasant guy when you first meet him or don't know him....
    but some folks would also say that about me.....

The reason he has become so problematic to fishermen is their inconsiderate behavior.
    The latest confirmed story was that sometime back on 2011 or 2012, there were folks fishing from the bulkhead at the end of his street.

Some guys thought it was ok to bring a BBQ grill to the end of the street there, and cook up some burgers while they fished.....

Although some might not see a problem in this, I feel that makes them a part of the problem.
    Going into a neighborhood with million $$ waterfront homes, thinking it is acceptable to bring a BBQ with them, and seeing nothing wrong with that?

That's part of the problem we have in society today.
    Many out there think society should be self-indulgent to their needs, instead of wondering if their acts/behaviors will affect others....

Default Re: Public Trust - Access issues in Rumson, NJ

I was supposed to make it to court to follow up on this case but other things got in the way.

I think the resolution was that the case was dismissed, with the fisherman paying court costs.
    If anyone has any different info please post it. Thanks.