Thread: Fishing Line recommendations

Default Fishing Line recommendations

I sometimes try different fishing line but always come back to Power Pro. Is there anything better?

I like PP because you can get it most anywhere. At the beginning of the fall I met a guy who was using sufix braid and swore by it. I never tried it, maybe in the spring.

I used Power Pro 30lb last year and was extremely happy with it.
    Respooled this year from a new spool and had break-offs. After the 4th one I switched to Sufix 30 lb braid and no break offs. Very happy with Sufix.
    I read about this before, that with Powerpro sometimes you get a bad spool. Darn....
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I have used PP,spiderwire and suffix I kind of test a new one each year those so far are the best three I have tried.The PP frayed a lot the spiderwire stealth was a nightmare with wind knots the Suffix I liked the best but I did have some breakoffs with it,I now cut some line off each session I think the breakoff is the line cutting into the barrel swivel after repeated casting because I lose the whole leader and the braid looks frayed I glue my knots for extra protection with zap a gap.This year I am going to try Cabelas Ripcord SI on one rod and see how that works out.Just my .02 cents.

Default New line for the spring

I have a couple of reels which I am going to be changing the lines on this weekend. Is there anything new out there this year which you guys are using.? I always use powerpro. Thought I could change it up a little.

well i have a few buddys that have switched to suffix braid u could try that tite lines and good fishin

I like the suffix braid but I am going to try the Cabelas ripcord braid this spring and see how that is.The Suffix and spiderwire stealth is the two I have liked the best giving a slight edge to the suffix less wind knots easier to untangle also.I always carry a safety pin with me to pick apart a wind knot if it gets pulled together cut it and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I always carry a safety pin with me to pick apart a wind knot if it gets pulled together cut it and start over.
    Here's a guy who thinks outside of the box (or who has had to deal with braid problems at 30mph wind conditions) . I gotta start carrying a safety pin, good tip, my eyes ain't what they used to be. Spending 15 nminutes to untangle a braid problem or a wind knot in the dead of night is on the list of most irritating things you face out there. Also takes away from your fishin time when the bite is good.

I use power pro because it's easy to buy. Gotta find a place for sufix, heard good things about it. One line I'll never use again is fireline, for some reason I didn't like it.

I have heard some positive comments about sufix as well. I never tried it though.