Thread: One Day at a Time - Do You Know Bill W?

Hybrid View

Pebbles still maintains a nightly vigil at his hospital bed every day after work, and all day on weekends. We are hoping for some improvement, he has stabilized, but not much else so far, very slow going, and sad to see someone who was once so active confined to a hospital bed for the rest of his life.

I post these things for all of us to see and reflect on.
    Surfstix, Finchaser, John, and some of the rest of you know these things from personal experience.
    I know a lot of folks read this thread even if they don't post, the views say it all.......

If any of you out there are estranged from your friends or family, and it makes sense to re-visit the relationship (key words),,,
    think about doing that, and getting in touch, before something like this happens......
    This could happen to any one of us....life can change on a moment's notice....

Thanks for the kind words and prayers, from all of you.
    He really can use those prayers, keep em coming.

Found this very inspiring. I need to count my blessings more!

rob that certainly was inspiring. dark thoughts and prayers for your and pebbles families.

^^ Rob sent me a text thinking that posting that might have been insensitive. Just goes to show you what kind of a guy Rob is.....
    I mention this, not to bring attention to him, but to let others know that any time is a good time to talk about the inspiration that others may bring to our lives. I watched that Nick Vujicic video and was humbled. With all the things we think we have to face in our lives, how many of us, have faced even half the challenges, that Nick has? Thanks for posting it, Rob......no worries....many people tune in to this thread, and hopefully that video does some good and inspiration for all of us......

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, and PMs and phone calls, from all of ya's....I relayed the thoughts to Pebbles, and she appreciates them greatly.

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman.....
    He died over the weekend.....had 20 or more years of sobriety.....when I see something like this, I feel saddened...but also try to learn from it, the cunning, baffling, and powerful nature of alcoholism and drug addiction......RIP Phil.......you will be missed.........