Thread: One Day at a Time - Do You Know Bill W?

Hybrid View

good to see you jimmy

A friend sent me this thought today. 2 years ago he was a walking corpse, and now he chairs a meeting, is working the program. He just celebrated 2 years. Good deal, I'm proud of him.

Make a difference

Your time is never wasted when you're truly making a difference. Every productive effort adds value to your world.

Don't worry about what's in it for you. If you're making a difference, if you're making a positive contribution to life, there's always something in it for you.
    Though there may not seem to be any direct or immediate rewards, your efforts will most certainly be rewarded. The longer you're willing to wait for those rewards, the bigger they will be.
    Many times your efforts will pay off in ways you could not have foreseen. Keep being creative, keep being productive, keep being effective, and keep being your best.
    It may sometimes seem that no one appreciates the work you're doing. When you feel that way, then raise your efforts to an even higher level, for at some point someone will definitely take notice.
    Be sincere in your efforts and in your desire to make a valuable, meaningful positive difference. And know that the rewards will always come.

I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct., but my heart is in SoCo.

I truly believe, " ya can't keep it, unless ya give it away" . There comes a point and time in recovery, when enough knowledge is acquired by one, to help the newcomers. Work the steps, and as always, meeting makers, make it.
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><

^ Hey Jimmy, it's interesting you would say that, because today's thought for the day is "Pass it on" Ya must be psychic.

December 9, 2008

Pass It On

I'll never forget the first time I met Bill Wilson.
    I was a couple of months sober
    and so excited, so thrilled to actually meet the co-founder
    that I gushed all over him with what my sobriety meant to me
    and my undying gratitude for his starting AA.
    When I ran down, he took my hand in his and said simply,
    'Pass it on.'

I try to do this whenever I can. There is a fine line beteewn passing and preaching. Some people do not want to hear, or are not ready for, the message and the practices and principles. That's ok. Some people have known me for years, and out of the blue called and said: "Hey, that AA thing you're involved in, does it really work? What's it all about?" That's the time for me to pass it on, and of course, whenever I meet a newcomer at a meeting.

I like what you guys are doing here. I don't feel like going into detail right now, but you are helping people. Keep up the good work.

That's what it's all about.

I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct., but my heart is in SoCo.

Hi Rich, They are some basic fundamental principles that I believe, and use in my daily walk.
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><