Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Day at a Time - Do You Know Bill W?

Hybrid View

^^ Rob sent me a text thinking that posting that might have been insensitive. Just goes to show you what kind of a guy Rob is.....
    I mention this, not to bring attention to him, but to let others know that any time is a good time to talk about the inspiration that others may bring to our lives. I watched that Nick Vujicic video and was humbled. With all the things we think we have to face in our lives, how many of us, have faced even half the challenges, that Nick has? Thanks for posting it, Rob......no worries....many people tune in to this thread, and hopefully that video does some good and inspiration for all of us......

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, and PMs and phone calls, from all of ya's....I relayed the thoughts to Pebbles, and she appreciates them greatly.

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman.....
    He died over the weekend.....had 20 or more years of sobriety.....when I see something like this, I feel saddened...but also try to learn from it, the cunning, baffling, and powerful nature of alcoholism and drug addiction......RIP Phil.......you will be missed.........

It's definitely easier to go one day at a time with guys like Dark around to lend an ear when I need it.

Thanks man, it's always a kick in the *** talking with you.

It's always a good part of my sobriety talking to you as well, pal.
    (That is, as long as our cell phone batteries are fully charged)

Some days are better than others for me....I still struggle with some ups and downs....as many of us do....I still have my flaws...Sometimes the things I should be doing best at....I struggle with...and the secondary things.....seem to be easier to do well at....But they become manageable with the Grace of God....

The bottom line....is that sobriety is better than the alternative......
    Too many people that we've known over the years....are no longer here because of their addictions.....That's the sobering thought that I face every day...that helps keep my memory green.

Thanks for the kind words.....and all you and your wife do to help others.....

13 years sober today! Meant to call you DS, sorry I didn't. Tomorrow. Thanks for all your encouragement over the years!

Hey congrats on the sobriety. Don't know how you guys manage, may have to try it one of these years.

Good job gentlemen keep up the good work!

14 Years Sober Today! By grace.

Thanks Dark for your mentoring over all these years.

Miss you Mike and Ray. Wish you could have been here for this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MikeRay800x450.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	21493

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    14 Years Sober Today! By grace.

Thanks Dark for your mentoring over all these years.
    Congrats Jon. A huge accomplishment and I hope you feel proud of it.
    And to those that have provided support also congrats.
    My immediate family had alcoholism problems for 50+ Years.
    Your 14 year accomplishment cannot be understated.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

15 years sober today, by the grace of God. Thanks to my family and friends, especially Dark, who helped me through the tough years.

God bless you all.

This is one thread with the least activity...the most views..and one that has not much to do with fishing..on a fishing site...except that in the Bible....Jesus told the Disciples to go out and become "Fishers of Men".........what a Paradox...LOL. The SEO and reach for this "One little thread that could"...is beyond what I ever thought it could be....(Thanks to Jon the Expert SEO guy for opening my eyes to SEO and what it could do.....I'm now spending about 80% of my free time increasing SEO for some other projects we're working on...and it's all thanks to you, Jon.....

Many many congrats on your 15 yrs of sobriety.....It's all ODAT....and to use a phrase you coined....."It's All Grace"...Glad to have ya around still...and Sober....Jon you are truly a remarkable guy....a Renaissance Man...who took the lemons life threw at ya....and made lemonade.....Wishing much happiness to you and your family....Peace and Serenity as well.......Talk to ya soon....my friend....and Congrats again...on your milestone of achievement.....One Day...At..A...Time.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

Thanks Dark!

18 years sober today, June 1, 2022

It's All Grace... but still, thank you for your support all of these years. You're a good man.

19 years sober today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12