Thread: Surf Fishing Goals for 2009

Default Surf Fishing Goals for 2009

So what will you do different 2009, to target bigger fish?

me -

I will concentrate on moving water first, deeper cuts where lazy bigger fish are holding, and mouths of inlets.

I will leave small fish to find bigger fish, if the conditions call for it.

I will also use eels more, and pick the brain of every friend I meet on the beach whos using them. They are killer.

hey dark i will try fishing in a fan like pattern when i am on the rocks i will make small changes in the speed and how deep each rod will have a diff lure so weather i cast long or short i can still do what i need to do

fish at night more with the vampires

Go out at least 4 nights a week and hit the jetties hard!

I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct., but my heart is in SoCo.

I will fish other areas, depending on how the pickin's are.
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><

I'm with Jimmy, like to try other spots and catch a 40lber.

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    So what will you do different 2009, to target bigger fish?

me -

I will concentrate on moving water first, deeper cuts where lazy bigger fish are holding, and mouths of inlets.

I will leave small fish to find bigger fish, if the conditions call for it.

DS,

thats been my idea for the last 3 seasons.
    fish larger wood,wood that the smaller fish won't dare to try.when a hit does come,it will be a good one!.

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I will also use eels more, and pick the brain of every friend I meet on the beach whos using them. They are killer.
    Darkskies, I'm reading Zeno's 2nd book. There is alot of good info. on eeling, rigged eels, sloggos, ect. A great read. I'm looking foward to trying eels next season.

I'm planning on fishing more, learn new areas, work jettys which i haven't done in more then ten years. ( I witness my friend slip and bust himself up real good. He's ok, but left me scared from it.) I'm also going to swim bunker ever opportunity I get.

Make some time to sneak out with the kayak more.

Fish bad weather more often. I miss the best fishing because of family and work, still haven't figured a way around that.

I'm going to move around more. I used to stay in one spot the whole time, and thanks to you guys I learned not to do that.

I have been condo camping( I have a large fifth wheel) in a great campsite not too many people fish I have been scouting for 2 years and picking away at fish but this spring I fished a place I call the mud puddle everyone thinks I am crazy when they see me walking there a little back pond with live bunker and had a 49" bass one night and a 50" the next night. I am very careful not to let them see me walking out of there with the fish so I made a lot of reservations there and I guess you know where I am fishing this year.I have also found many back up spots that produce but not that size bass.Heres to 2009

Fish less time each outing, but make more fishing trips.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I have been condo camping( I have a large fifth wheel) in a great campsite not too many people fish I have been scouting for 2 years and picking away at fish but this spring I fished a place I call the mud puddle everyone thinks I am crazy when they see me walking there a little back pond with live bunker and had a 49" bass one night and a 50" the next night. I am very careful not to let them see me walking out of there with the fish so I made a lot of reservations there and I guess you know where I am fishing this year.I have also found many back up spots that produce but not that size bass.Heres to 2009

Wow that sounds like a great place to keep under your hat. My goal is to get a fish 30lbs or more, and learn how to plug better at different times of the day or night.

I want to do a grand slam from the surf, catching a bass, weakfish, and bluefish all in the same 24 hours.

To catch a weakfish over 10lbs. All the ones I have ever caught were spikes and a little bigger. Also to learn to use bucktails better.

2009 I am going to put a bigger effort into catching bigger bass. The goal is for a bass of 40 pounds. Thanks to Rip-Plugger I have some plugs that should attract the big girls. I will also do more fishing in the dark this year.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by blitzhunter View Post
    I want to do a grand slam from the surf, catching a bass, weakfish, and bluefish all in the same 24 hours.
    I have wanted to do that for years, but you don't see too many big weakfish in the Sound.