Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gizzard Shad in Ct.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Sometimes a little bit of both. I think she might have been seeing a few guys at the same time, she was a really funky girl. Some things from your past are better when you speak in general terms, and try not to remember too much. You just gave me some nasty flashbacks.
    you guys are twisted.

Hey anyone catch those gizzards on anything other than trebles? Can you catch them using shad darts?

Default gizzy's,,

I wish,,,they do not hit anything.
    they are bottom filter feeders.they feed on the thin layer of mud,straining it for microscopic vegetation and animals.
    I he seen them up to about 7 pounds.

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Hey if anyone is going out fishing for gizzard shad in NJ please let me know I would like to give it a shot.

Default Re: Gizzard Shad in Ct.

I thought you guys would like to talk more about gizzard shad. This is the time in the spring when they school up in the rivers to spawn when the American Shad do. Thanks for all the responses so far.

Default Re: Gizzard Shad in Ct.

Hookset don't know about connecticut but if you are close to the Passaic River in NJ give Meltzers in garfield a call. I believe the guys name is steve and he will clue you in if they are running. Lots of fun to take the kids fishing for. In another few weeks when the carp spawn they will be there by the thousands as well. Lots of fun. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12