Thread: Gizzard Shad in Ct.

Hybrid View

well if its that bad just let guys use some of them as bait i will chunk the heck out of them big bass big blues

Default bait

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    well if its that bad just let guys use some of them as bait i will chunk the heck out of them big bass big blues

GJB,

they really do make great bait,not many guys even know they are around since they hug the bottom.
    I tried tem onec and they really work,jst that damn stink of them,kinda like a greasy herring smell.wash your hands and still you stank!

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
    GJB,

jst that damn stink of them,kinda like a greasy herring smell.wash your hands and still you stank!

R-P
    I went to school with a girl like that, her name was Pam. Fast, loose, and stinky.

Default Pam,,

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I went to school with a girl like that, her name was Pam. Fast, loose, and stinky.
    was it warm inside or cold/clammy?

R-P

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
    was it warm inside or cold/clammy?

R-P
    Sometimes a little bit of both. I think she might have been seeing a few guys at the same time, she was a really funky girl. Some things from your past are better when you speak in general terms, and try not to remember too much. You just gave me some nasty flashbacks.

I think she might have been seeing a few guys at the same time, she was a really funky girl.
    Was she freaky, super freak?

Sometimes a little bit of both. I think she might have been seeing a few guys at the same time, she was a really funky girl. Some things from your past are better when you speak in general terms, and try not to remember too much. You just gave me some nasty flashbacks.
    you guys are twisted.

Hey anyone catch those gizzards on anything other than trebles? Can you catch them using shad darts?

Default gizzy's,,

I wish,,,they do not hit anything.
    they are bottom filter feeders.they feed on the thin layer of mud,straining it for microscopic vegetation and animals.
    I he seen them up to about 7 pounds.

R-P

i was drivin by the housey in the derby area an the gulls were diven in the water and it looked like fish breakin. some big splashes, i didnt have time to investigate (damn gps on work van) could have been bass

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by baddog23 View Post
    i was drivin by the housey in the derby area an the gulls were diven in the water and it looked like fish breakin. some big splashes, i didnt have time to investigate (damn gps on work van) could have been bass

Uh Oh,,the man is in the hizzy!
    whassup Chris?
    ya know those were bass beating up on shad/bunkers.today would have been nice temps to fish.

I hope you put up some of your wood in the show your wood section!

R-P

Quote Originally Posted by baddog23 View Post
    Shad, bunker, or herring? Don't you guys have herring that winter in the housatonic? I read an article here that said the bass stack up in an unnamed place up there, you can catch em in the coldest weather by drifting the channels, or something like that. Nothing huge, but you can catch double or triple digits if you hit the right spot, boat is needed.

Default housy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Shad, bunker, or herring? Don't you guys have herring that winter in the housatonic? I read an article here that said the bass stack up in an unnamed place up there, you can catch em in the coldest weather by drifting the channels, or something like that. Nothing huge, but you can catch double or triple digits if you hit the right spot, boat is needed.

thats right DS,
    if you remember my buddy[Steve Franco] thats like a brother to me that caught the CT. record bass back in 92,he has caught them through the ice on that river many times.
    I believe there is a fully functional spawning population there.you can catch fully pregnant females there in early april and very late march!

R-P