Thread: Gizzard Shad in Ct.

Hybrid View

i was drivin by the housey in the derby area an the gulls were diven in the water and it looked like fish breakin. some big splashes, i didnt have time to investigate (damn gps on work van) could have been bass

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by baddog23 View Post
    i was drivin by the housey in the derby area an the gulls were diven in the water and it looked like fish breakin. some big splashes, i didnt have time to investigate (damn gps on work van) could have been bass

Uh Oh,,the man is in the hizzy!
    whassup Chris?
    ya know those were bass beating up on shad/bunkers.today would have been nice temps to fish.

I hope you put up some of your wood in the show your wood section!

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by baddog23 View Post
    Shad, bunker, or herring? Don't you guys have herring that winter in the housatonic? I read an article here that said the bass stack up in an unnamed place up there, you can catch em in the coldest weather by drifting the channels, or something like that. Nothing huge, but you can catch double or triple digits if you hit the right spot, boat is needed.

Default housy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Shad, bunker, or herring? Don't you guys have herring that winter in the housatonic? I read an article here that said the bass stack up in an unnamed place up there, you can catch em in the coldest weather by drifting the channels, or something like that. Nothing huge, but you can catch double or triple digits if you hit the right spot, boat is needed.

thats right DS,
    if you remember my buddy[Steve Franco] thats like a brother to me that caught the CT. record bass back in 92,he has caught them through the ice on that river many times.
    I believe there is a fully functional spawning population there.you can catch fully pregnant females there in early april and very late march!

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,