Thread: spring fever jetty craziness

Default spring fever jetty craziness

The stories I heard from friends about big spring cows from the jetties make me want to go down there and join in the craziness. There was a thread on another site where a lot of guys said they would never fish that way.

Faced with the choice of joining in and catching a possible personal best, or not joining in and catching the normal 24-32" fish somewhere else, will you be on the jetties this year fighting the crowds when the cows are here?

Hearing stories and being there are 2 different things. If you've never seen it, you should check it out at least once to see the insanity. My friends in the OFFC call it combat fishing.

Theres a lot of negative stuff that goes on, and too much disrespect of people and property. It's causing some town governments to think about how they can keep us out of there, all becasue of a few bad apples, and I don't blame them.

That being said, it's one of the best ways to catch a 40 or better in the spring if you're not on a boat.

If anyone is thinking of doing this, remember there are no magic jetties. If you're serious about fishing there, safety first, always wear korkers and be aware of how the wave sets are, especially on incoming tide. Remember that disrespecting someone's property is not only stupid, it's selfish because it could ruin it for a lot of people.

(and for the dude who BB me about getting knocked down by a few strong sets when I was on the tip that time, you were right man, I got new Korkers)

Get to know the area, months before, so when one place gets crowded, you can set up a few rockpiles over and still have a chance at the same fish. I intentionally look for the piles that have the most space between the rocks when it's crowded. I don't need a hook in my arm or eye.

I'll be out there, steve. Get some Korkers and pm me ahead of time if ya want to fish.

i dont need a jetty to get big stripersdark hope to see u there u know were i am talking abought

Not my type of fishing.
    I just do not feel safe fishing jetties. I'll go out on sand bars, take on waves and currents, the rocks are a no for me.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default rocks

man,them rocks sure are hard.
    I think I'll stay on the sand or in the water.I slammed my leg on a rock once about 7 years ago about 3 inches below the knee,sometimes it still aches..

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

I don't have the experience some of you other guys do. I would like to learn, but not with all that craziness going on.

I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct., but my heart is in SoCo.

Not no way, not no how.
    I have many spots to fish, without dealing with that kind of non-sense.
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><

Default rocks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy z View Post
    Not no way, not no how.
    I have many spots to fish, without dealing with that kind of non-sense.
    Hi JZ,

man I am with you!
    crazy fishing is not my fortay,I am used to being alone or with my wife or buddy.

R-P

You Jersey guys are spoiled, fish coming right into the rocks and all you have to do is throw some big pencils for a few weeks. You should have to work harder for those fish, maybe skish out 1/4 mile and bob with the bunker to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    You Jersey guys are spoiled, fish coming right into the rocks and all you have to do is throw some big pencils for a few weeks. You should have to work harder for those fish, maybe skish out 1/4 mile and bob with the bunker to get them.
    Yeah those joisy guys hog all the cows for too long.

The Jersey guys just get 'em going and coming. We up here in New England have 'em for the duration. Now ain't that a BLAST!
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><

Default yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy z View Post
    The Jersey guys just get 'em going and coming. We up here in New England have 'em for the duration. Now ain't that a BLAST!
    I know where there are a ton of fish stacked in this backwater hole right now,just too snowy and cold for me to be out there.

R-P

Yea, me too. I head to the spot, and it ain't that harbor, in Jan. or Feb, when I start to get the urge.
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><