Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More reels from China

Default omoto

Howdy JZ,,Fluke Fighter,

I had my buddy at Dee's Bait & tackle take a look inside a bit at my Hubilie 777-S3 and 666-A3,he was impressed at how well built they are.he said he wished he could buy a bunch from omoto to sell but he didn't think he could get parts for them.
    looking and comparing them to my high end shimano gear,they ain't far behind at all and in some aspects they are on par and even better in another area.

I will have some words about them by late may as both of these along with my Jungle-5000 and 6000 will be doing it hard as well.
    so,I have 4 omoto reels to beat up on this season and I shall sling wood and eveything else with them.
    BTW,I don't think the Z-Man will even touch a 666 model.

Cheers
    R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Hey R.P.

Look forward to those late May reviews. I would like to know what rods you'll be matching them up with. BTW what's the difference between the Hubilee and the Jungle reels?

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by fluke fighter View Post
    Hey R.P.

Look forward to those late May reviews. I would like to know what rods you'll be matching them up with. BTW what's the difference between the Hubilee and the Jungle reels?
    F.F.,

I found both reels to be silky smooth and durable,great drags with nice cosmetics.
    having the 5.5-1 ratio is also a plus,lets you rip a bucktail back FAST and easy.

as for the diff between the 2,well it's only the outside thats different.
    they are the same internally as the abu's are since at one time Omoto was the OEM as well as involved with R&D.

in all actuality,they may be better than the abu because abu's do break[new ones].
    I base that statement on what have heard about them from folks that broke them then bought a shimano.
    I only own 1 abu and it's an Eon 6600.nice machine BTW,wish it were the size of a Hubilie 777-a3.

now there is the wavecaster/cheif,another fine machine with mags.

oh yeah,almost forgot.
    I mated the Omoto Hubilie 777-a3 to a tica 9 ft UHEA and the Omoto Jungle-6000 to a berkley Air Buzz Ramsey casting Salmon rod xtra heavy power @ 9 ft.
    I have another Tica UHEA still in plastic waiting for somethin' to put on it,perhaps a WaveCaster CSM-7000-Mag on it.

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12