Thread: 3/28/08 PA Trout Opener

Default 3/28/08 PA Trout Opener

Brand new Trout video. PA opening day 3/28/08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUj7qs4M_yQ

Thought it would be a lot more crowded than that for opening day, didn't seem that bad where you were. Liked seeing the clips where the dads were teaching their kids to fish. Nice video.

Fishin has been pretty lame lately, good to see someone catching fish. you used a lot of different angles, made it pretty cool to watch.

sharkhart I saw the video and thought the same thing as stripercrazy, didn't seem that crowded. Was reading the article below, they said the turnout was less than other years. That makes opening day almost bearable, I stopped going just for that reason.

It looks like you had a great time, caught some fish. nice camera work.

"A cold wind made the chilly temperatures along Franklin County's waterways seem even colder as fishermen waited for the beginning of trout season Saturday morning, and in some places turnout for opening day was not as heavy as in past years.

"Usually it's elbow-to-elbow here on opening day," said Richard Faust, who brought his daughter Jennifer to the Conococheague Creek behind Wilson College on her first fishing trip.

Faust said the cold might have made some people think twice about spending hours along the banks of the stream Saturday, but last weekend's canceled Easter egg hunts that were being held Saturday could have affected the turnout. "

Those who did stake their spots along the stream waiting for the stroke of 8 a.m. "

Thats is the premier stream in the area when I saw no people out i nearly went home for my rod. Then I spent 4 hours learning and using new video software that slapped a big "made with trial version" on all 48 clips. which i never used, another hour or two to finish it, not ime to cath my own

I do most of the photos for my family gatherings, so I know what you're talking about. You can either be "in the moment" or capture the shot. Many of the greatest award winning photogs for Pulitzers, etc had to put themselves "outside" of the shot circumstances when getting that shot. That famous one from the Vietnam war, the little girl screaming when covered by napalm jelly...most peoples first impulse would be to help the girl, put a towel over her, call for medical help, and stop her suffering. A good photographer's or videographer's first impulse is to "get the shot!" at all costs. Sounds kinda sick, but without disciplines photogs and video people, we would never have had the gripping footage from 9/11. Most people that day were running around screaming, worried about being blown to shreds. The video and photo people were clicking and shooting as fast as they could to capture it for history.

Sorry for the rant, man, just got caught up for a sec. Nice work, looks like you care about what you put out there. Bring a pole next time,