Thread: Freshwater catches

Default Freshwater catches

Has anyone been out lately? The beginning of the season always drives me crazy. Bay and oceans too cold, waiting for action, hope it happens soon.
    Anyone been out in the rivers, or small ponds? - dyin to hear someone is catchin fish.

There is a shallow pond that holds pickerel close by me. I went the other day when it was sunny. Caught 3 pickerel using a small spinnerbait, cast retrieve slowly spin, let drop, repeat. Biggest was 16", they were sluggish until I got them out of the water.

fished a nearby river last week. Water cold as a witches *it. Threw doughball soaked in syrup, special mix. Caught 1 carp about 8lbs, lost another. After about an hour, packed it in.

Yeah, I hear ya, river fishing still a little cold. But my log tells me the herring and shad will be in the Delaware somewhere around the next 2 weeks, can't wait.

think we got herring last year by the 2nd week of March

They bay hasnt been producing for me so we changed over to fresh for a few days. The kids were having fun catching trout on meal worms and powerbait. Other than that, no action.

I hit up some local ponds and lakes last week. Pickerel are pretty active, small spinners fished slow, like bluefox, etc. We also used some fatheads one day for some decent perch.