Thread: Looking for the guy who turned me on to this site

Default Looking for the guy who turned me on to this site

I met you at the last parking lot @ SH It was around 9am. late October 2008 I had just finished fishing and you were just starting. You appeared to be in your mid 30's. I'm 56. You seemed very interested in what I had to say as I talked about the old days fishing the Rip. I showed you some of my homemade lures. You were especially excited when I showed you a broken back swimmer, purple on top, white on the bottom. I drive a light green chevy Trailblazer SUV with 2 rod racks on the roof. I just wanted to say thanks for turning me on to this site.

Mike O

That's me Mike. I'm bad with names, better with faces. Yeah I remember you, you had some great stories. There are a bunch of older guys who been fishin that place for more than 40 years, I could listen to their and your stories all day.

The OFFC who post here know that place blindfolded, they taught me a lot. There's another guy, "R", he fishes that place more than he's home. He's the one that got the 50 back in late June (when all the cows were already gone) at 3am one night, and put her back. He helped me a lot when I first started fishin that place.

And we can't forget Allen Reilly,"Albacore Al" a Sandy Hook icon, caught more albies from that place than most anyone else. Hes been so generous with his time and advice to newcomers, I hope he always has good mojo comin his way. There's also a lady in her 60's, Judy? I think, she puts most guys to shame wiht her fish catching abilities. She can catch fish that no one believes are there. And others like Charlie K; "E" the guy with the white beard and mustache who you always find around when therer are fish to be caught, my friend the "Eel guy" and too many others to mention, or who don't want to be mentioned. They like being nameless, don't want to bring any unnncessary spotlight on anyone here.

So many characters at the Hook, anyone remember "Dewayne" - the guy who yells and screams at bluefish? I was there with my girl a few weeks ago, we took some pics, have to start a thread here on Sandy Hook soon.

That place is my church, I hope it never changes.

Lots of sharpies there, I'm still learning. I'm glad to have met ya Mike, and bs'ed for awhile, you have much to share, I learned from the few minutes we spent talking.

Good to have ya aboard, it's a lot mellower here than all the pissin contests you sometimes find elsewhere. Some good people here, I'm happy to be here too.You're almost at 25 posts for pms, pm me then, or e-mail me anytime now when the fishin starts March 1.

Default Nice to have met you

Hey Darkskies,
    You were quite the character yourself. It's nice to to meet younger guys who are really dedicated to their fishing like yourself. How did you do that day if you remember? About 2 weeks after I met you I got into some huge bluefish near lot D. They wore out my reel and me! One was a little over 13lbs. Lots of fun. Don't forget what I told you about those teasers.

Mike O

Mike, I stopped fishing for the bass for a few weeks as they got smaller later in the season and got a little addicted to bluefish fishin in the current. Got some the same size you did, most were 9-12, a few bigger mixed in. They were in another spot a few weeks, I had great times catchin those gators in current. Saved my fall season with one nice bass close to 21 the morning of a strong noreaster.

Thanks for the advice, PM me anytime, RB and SI are almost ready to be fished.