Thread: Conventional Surf combo's:

Default Conventional Surf combo's:

List you choices lookin to step up my game for throwin bigger plugs in the 3-5 oz range!! Let me know what you think!!

FC
    PASS IT ON!!TAKE A KID FISHING!!!!

I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct., but my heart is in SoCo.

What are you going to be throwing over 3 ozs? If I may ask.
    Pikies? Pencils? Those big Storms? For something that heavy, I use a 10' Tica rod, rated to 8 ozs., and an Abu 7000 size reel.
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy z View Post
    What are you going to be throwing over 3 ozs? If I may ask.
    Pikies? Pencils? Those big Storms? For something that heavy, I use a 10' Tica rod, rated to 8 ozs., and an Abu 7000 size reel.
    Yes,Yes,Yes also 5oz bucktails or more if needed (inlet fishin) The abu reel has been recommended highly by everyone I've talked to,I was thinkin Avet but the abu is more cost affectiveI've also been told to go with the Tica.Do you ever throw bait with your set up??? Do you use braid/mono ????I've been usin braid on everything for years.If you use braid do you fish a top shot or just a leader??I like the suffix and stren hd braid in salt fireline in fresh----------THANKS for the input Jimmyz

FC

FC, Abus are what the club guys use for bridge fishin and bigger fish. I gotta get an abu and a bridge rod one of these days, so I'm lookin too, waiting to save up the dough.

There'a another thread where they were talking about Ming Yangs. If Rip Plugger fishes em, they're a good bet to look at.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=2369

JimmyZ also did a great job talkin about different reels
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=2558

Tica ,Tsunami, Lami surf king ...I know you guys love your Abus , but i would suggest a Avet MXJ.....Bullet Proof and made in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Great South Bay Bucktails View Post
    Tica ,Tsunami, Lami surf king ...I know you guys love your Abus , but i would suggest a Avet MXJ.....Bullet Proof and made in the US
    Got my brother one for christmas it's sweet!!!!I was lookin at the tsunami rods they rock for the $.At my fav B&T held a St.Croix Legend wow but I could live for a month on what it cost'sThanks GSBB!!!

FC

[QUOTE=DarkSkies;12905]FC, Abus are what the club guys use for bridge fishin and bigger fish. I gotta get an abu and a bridge rod one of these days, so I'm lookin too, waiting to save up the dough.

There'a another thread where they were talking about Ming Yangs. If Rip Plugger fishes em, they're a good bet to look at.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=2369

JimmyZ also did a great job talkin about different reels
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=2558

DS Thanks!!I'll check these out!!

FC

Darksides Thanks for those threads i've looked into them and liked what I've seen.I need to learn more about the ming yangs. They look very promising especially for the $$ I wonder if anyone mags em??Or what kind of upgrades ie bearings/bushings can be made to them??

FC