reels a true bargain at a low cost.

availible at Stingraytackle.com
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minghang.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	4520

Thanks to Monty for posting the pix!.

the first 3 reels are made by Omoto,a fine reel manufacturer.
    IMHO omoto is underrated and under exposed but,at the same time,their works is all over as they make reels for many companies.shakespeare and Abu/Garcia just to name a couple.
    basically,the Jungle series and the Hubilie series are an older version of the abu reels.
    the top shot is a 777-S3 which is identicle to a 7000 abu but at half the cost.

internally.they share a lot of the same parts.They are smooth,solid and tight.
    I would recommend one to any fisherman that cast winch reel.
    the 3 reels in the picture are brand new but I am totally positive that they will perform as they should with high reliablity and powerful smoothness.

At this time let me thank a VERY generous guy by the name of Ray Lorenzo[www.stingraytackle.com] who sent me the Omoto Jungle-5000 and Jungle-6000 to try out,beat up on ect.
    Thanks Ray!!

now for the bottom 2 winches,these are made by a small family company by the name of Ming-yang.
    yeah,I know they are not shimanos BUT,if you fish winch reels a lot like I do,you will be vey surprised at how great they perform.
    I bought one 2 seasons ago for very cheap,around 38 dollars.
    I thought "yeah,this thing is going to blow apart at the first hint of a fish,it won't cast worth a ****,it's gonna strip it's gears" ect.

WELL,I was pleasantly surprised at how well it casted,it did every bit as well as anything I had,top or mid shelf!
    I liked the first CL-50 so much I bought 5 more some CL-60's and CL-70's.
    the drag,very simple with 2 friction washers,1 on each side of the main gear,anti reverse is the relaible dog/ratchet type[CL-70 has an IAR bearing instead],and it comes with a nice power handle.[love the dog/ratchet]

I took apart my CL-70 for a cleaning and greasing and was stunned at how simple and how very little there is in the way of parts.
    inside there is not much at all,just some small springs,2 gears,a spacer,a cogged wheel to trip the freespool and not much else.
    it was a dream to clean and grease.
    these 70's are large too but,they cast very well,ya just have to adjust your thumb as the brakes are very passive.

SO,with a very low initial cost,low maintenence you have a great high capacity reel that cast very well and has a powerful drag on the very cheap,,now tell me,who can pass that up?
    not me,my MY's are now on their 3rd season!

Now,C'mon and share pix of your gear with the rest of us,share some info about your rig,it can help all that are here to share some info.
    I'll be sharing more reel pix as we go since I have quite a few rigs.

stay warm/well M8's

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Default Winch reels

R-P, I have seen you mention winch reels many times. What is a "winch" reel. I was assuming a conventional reel, is it a certain type? Or slang for conventional?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default winch reels

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    R-P, I have seen you mention winch reels many times. What is a "winch" reel. I was assuming a conventional reel, is it a certain type? Or slang for conventional?
    Ahh,Monty,my saltwater brother,you are indeed sharp,thats exactly what it means!
    slang for any kind of convench reel.
    they do look and work like a winch too.

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,