Thread: Seasick Remedies

Default Seasick Remedies

The Offshore thread got me thinking about this. My first cod trip, out of captree maybe 25 years ago was very, very rough. 10-15 foot rollers at one point in the trip. I was as sick as i could be and it almost turned me off to PB fishing forever. I was young, cocky and picked a bad day.

Lately, I use OTC remedies , my preference being Bonine, taking one about six hours before and then again right before I get on the boat. I also use 'sea bands', the wrist pressure bands. I have not had a problem with sickness since.
    of course, this will insure my next trip is a rough one. Bogan's anyone? I know he'll find the fish but will I be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by mick2360 View Post
    Lately, I use OTC remedies , my preference being Bonine, taking one about six hours before and then again right before I get on the boat. I also use 'sea bands', the wrist pressure bands. I have not had a problem with sickness since.
    of course, this will insure my next trip is a rough one. Bogan's anyone? I know he'll find the fish but will I be ready?
    I use bonine for big swells, IMO there's nothing better. Don't even waste your time with dramamine.