Thread: 1/31/09 LI Recreational fishing expo Farmingdale

Threaded View

Default 1/31/09 LI Recreational fishing expo Farmingdale

Day 2 - got there a little late, had a great time, met some of the people whose stories and lives I have come to admire. I ran into some members from this site, got a chance to connect the names with the faces.

Ran into a few guys from another site, some who I have never met, but enjoyed their stories, others who I haven't seen since last year. Met LeoDA, the guy should be a writer for all the cool stories he puts out.

Also some interesting conversations with some old school guys, they been fishin the salt 40+ years. The Greek, and some others, had some great stories about how things were before, during, and after the moratorium. More on that in another thread. Was cool meeting ya all.

Good time had by all, well put together show by Montauk Surfcasters Assoc.

Most of the pics looked terrible after I resized them, really sucks. No way do they capture the size and excitement of the halls and the day. Sorry people. I did this in a hurry and will have to do better next time.

Originals are much clear, bigger, and don't have anyone's head cut off! Anyone who wants copies of the originals, e-mail me with the title of the one you want and I'll send one out to ya. Most originals are around 1.7MB.

Some pics:

Zeno giving his lecture. He talked about fishin inlets, the back sides, bigger bass eating big meals, and how to strategize all this for a good game plan. Room was packed, pic taken fromoutside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-31Far Day2 (32).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	4587

Zeno was nice enough to let me take a pic of him outside, but the resizing chopped off part of his head, sorry, dude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-31Far Day2 (49).jpg