Thread: Turn In Your Guns!

Default Turn In Your Guns!

The gun banners are banking on an anti-gun senate, congress, and administration to pass HR 45, taking away our second amendment rights. It didn't take long for them to come up with this, did it?

from the NRA/ILA website:

Friday, January 23, 2009

U.S. Representative Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) recently sponsored H.R. 45, also known as "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act." The bill is, at its core and as its name implies, a licensing and registration scheme.

The measure calls for all handgun owners to submit to the federal government an application that shall include, among many other things: a photo; an address; a thumbprint; a completed, written firearm safety test; private mental health records; and a fee. And those are only some of the requirements to be licensed!

The bill would further require the attorney general to establish a database of every handgun sale, transfer, and owner's address in America. Moreover, the bill would make it illegal to own or possess a "qualifying firearm" -- defined as "any handgun; or any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device…" [emphasis added] without one of the proposed licenses.

Additionally, the bill would make it illegal to transfer ownership of a "qualifying firearm" to anyone who is not a licensed gun dealer or collector (with very few exceptions), and would require "qualifying firearm" owners to report all transfers to the attorney general's database. It would also be illegal for a licensed gun owner to fail to record a gun loss or theft within 72 hours, or fail to report a change of address within 60 days. Further, if a minor obtains a firearm and injures someone with it, the owner of the firearm may face a multiple-year jail sentence.

H.R. 45 is essentially a reintroduction of H.R. 2666, which Rush introduced in 2007. H.R. 2666 contained much of the same language as H.R. 45, and was co-sponsored by several well-known anti-gun legislators--including Barack Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel. H.R. 45 currently has no co-sponsors.
    You, too, can be on the gun owner's list (for future confiscation.)

Pretty scary man. Hope th NRA fights this. I don't own a gun, but been meeting a lot of NRA members lately. One thing I admire about them is they know how to protest and fight for what they believe in. When the NRA sends out a call to action, its members listen. We fishermen could learn a lot from that.

I like that phrase "...from my cold dead hands" when people talk about gun control. It's a Constitutional right, for Pete's sake!

DS, is this what you're talking about? What do you expect from the new administration. They wanted, and denied, that they were considering putting GPS meters in our cars to tax anyone who drove over a certain number of miles. Why not tax, regulate, and restrict gun ownership as well? Shades of Nazi Germany.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ILL-GIVE-UP-MY-GUN-NOT.jpg  

I picked this up from another hunting website. This guy lives in the UK:

Originally posted by corvid
    Guys I would strongly advise you all to join the NRA or any other large hunting organization , and write to your politicians. As you know the NRA has people who loby in congress to save your freedoms. This I feel is your best chance. If all the hunters in the US joined the NRA the politicians would have an organization of millions to deal with. If you don't stand together you will lose. Thats what happend over here. To many people would not join our shooting organizations. They sat back and let others do it, AND WE LOST! Semi-auotmatic rifles are banned and ALL hand guns are banned. Possession of any unlicensed firearm carries a 5 year prison sentence. I belong to www.basc.org.uk this is our biggest org. If you click on the site look under informatoin on the left side. Click on Advice & Guidance, and you'll be able to read the certficate application forms we have to fill in to own a firearm (rifle) or shotgun. I hope none of this happens to you guys!

SMACK ON!!!!

This is what we have to look forward to.

This was on youtube, jon. Shameful Don't let what happened to Tony Martin happen to you!

For alll the US people who are mad as hell about this and won't take it anymore, the NRA is holding a 2nd Amendment March. Here's the link:

http://secondamendmentmarch.com/

I like that pic, nitestrikes!

In related news, here's an update from the NRAILA on Heller vs. DC

U.S. Senate Votes to Uphold
    Second Amendment in Washington, D.C.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fairfax, Va. - The United States Senate has voted, with overwhelming bipartisan support, to adopt an amendment offered by Senator John Ensign (R-NV) that seeks to protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens in the District of Columbia. The amendment, attached to S.160, the D.C. Voting Rights Act, will repeal restrictive gun control laws passed by the District of Columbia's (D.C.) city council after the landmark D.C. v. Heller Supreme Court decision. The vote margin was 62-36.

"Today's vote brings us one step closer to restoring the Second Amendment freedom of law-abiding D.C. residents," said NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox. "It's ludicrous that good people in our nation's capital continue to be harassed as they try to defend themselves and their loved ones in their own homes. This vote reinforces the historic Heller ruling."

After the Heller ruling, the D.C. city council passed a law requiring would-be gun owners to pay a registration fee, pass a 20-question multiple choice test, take a five-hour training course, undergo an invasive background check every six years, re-register any firearm every three years, and finally, submit all handguns for ballistics testing. Current D.C. law also bans an overwhelming majority of firearms commonly used for self-defense. This Ensign Amendment would also remedy that unjust practice.

"NRA would like to thank the lead sponsor, Sen. John Ensign for his efforts to reform D.C.'s gun laws and enable folks to protect their property and their loved ones," concluded Cox. "It's time for leaders in Washington to wake up to the fact that the Supreme Court decision is now the law of the land."

Default Re: Turn In Your Guns!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terrorist hunting permit StripersAndAnglers com.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	16629

Name:	Hunters are liars.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	16631

Name:	Bone collector StripersAndAnglers.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	16630

Thought I would add some color to this thread....some of the 2nd Amendment and hunting bumper stickers I've been coming across.........

Default Re: Turn In Your Guns!

It's really sad that because of fear they are allowing legislators to take away constitutionally protected rights. I don't want to see any more mass murders either but if you outlaw all guns criminals will still be able to get them. Police can't be around all the time.