Thread: Expensive Plugs are they worth the $$?

Hybrid View

Default Re: Expensive Plugs are they worth the $$?

yes they are higher less trees around I guess. Way back when builders use to test them before they sold them to you for $5.00, now you can get a $40 dollar plug that won't swim no matter how you try to tune it. Back then they didn't have todays plastic technology so we fished wood and tin. Lets not forget the sound of crunch when a bluefish destroys it. Oh that's right people collect them now and after the bass are wiped out I guess they will be worthless. I can't believe how many people buy them and can only catch a fish with a bunker snag. There OK if you have friends like mine who give them to ya. In many cases your buying a paint job, and after 55 years of fishing have yet to see the bait fish todays wood emulates.

God bless plastic $9.95 to $18.95 and always swim good right out of package

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Re: Expensive Plugs are they worth the $$?

Remember, expensive lures attract more fishermen than fish. When bluefish are ripping through bait in the wash, just about anything you throw out there is going to draw a strike. So keep that in mind when the blues are around. Thats the time to throw out the broomsticks with hooks attached to it. LOL