Thread: Billy talks about catching 50 lb bass

Default Billy talks about catching 50 lb bass

Billy talks about catching 50 lb bass

I saw this guy give a seminar once, his knowledge is amazing.

"Big fish think and act differently than small fish, fish the right time of the tide, fish the new moon, if you only fish 1 day a week, your log ain't worth 10c!..." Billy has all the answers to get large, he's a great coach. Fantastic stuff, told in a simple style, I could listen to him all day.

When should you be out fishing for trophy striped bass?

I met Billy the Greek at the Farmingdale show. It was an honor. There was someone I was talking to about the lean years in the 80's for striper fishing. They said, well if you're that into knowing all the details, you have to go meet "The Greek".

I fond him talking to some of his friends, and kinda hijacked my way into introducing myself. He spent the next 15 minutes spinning tale after tale of catching big bass in the years when guys couldn't even pull a 26" out of the suds. I was amazed at the knowledge this guy has managed to gain through all his years of surf and boat fishing. The stories he was telling were as cool as if I had met Captain Ahab, this guy knows large fish.

One of the most amazing things was that he now spends a lot of time on his boat. He related that, as a boat guy, that he thought we were all killing too many fish.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I think it's time to do the yearly thing whre we talk about slot limits for bass. He's gonna get the credit for the thread, evn though many others have proposed it.

Maybe I'm off base, but I think if people hear that Billy thinks this way, maybe some more people might consider what until now is only being talked about as a possibility that many guys violently disagree with.