Thread: New Jersey fishing reports for March 2009

Hybrid View

chucked some stinky clams after work in the back, 1 shortie around 24, wheres the bigger fish?

I was out early today RB fishing with clams, only one tap, no fish. The skunk followed me there or he followed me home. Either way I got no fish.

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    chucked some stinky clams after work in the back, 1 shortie around 24, wheres the bigger fish?
    Hey at least you're tryin. Clams are king right now until the bunker start to fill in more. I got a friend who's a maniac plugger, caught more 40's last year than anyone I know. He's too impatient to play with clams, he's more hyper than me, gotta keep moving.

The other night he broke down and was fishin clams with everyone else. Now you gotta go to confession, man, youre a CLAM DUNKER!!! :

Fished RB last night one short on clams.

Fished in the back of Raritan bay from 7-9 tonight. I had one pole with clams, one solid hit, no hookup. There were a lot of guys back there, I only saw one rat caught. The water temperatures were around 44 degrees with a cheap thermometer I used.

water was hot tonight dudes, beach way too crowded. 5 bass in an hour in the back, 26-28, a few other guys got some nicer ones. snotballs.

^ Nice, W4F.

Fished 6 hours in the rain last night in the back of Raritan. We were using clams. There was a flurry of activity around 11pm. I got 1 bass 29", my friend got one, and some other guys got some, then it died. I hope this rain doesn't mess things up.