Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey fishing reports for March 2009

^ Yeah I went to the shooting gallery tonight after the Somerset show. Could only stay awhile, had to get back home to post today's show reports. Thankfully the bite wasn't as good as yesterday, otherwise tomorrow it would be like opening day of trout season.

A few RB keepers were caught 2 hours before I got there, biggest around 12, smallest around 8. I'll post a pic of the guy's 12 when I d/l the other pics.

Only one short caught before I left, and some other shorties prior to. They're hitting at different times and tide stages, no rhyme or reason. I have been trying to fish around high tide, but that ain't always working.

If you have a pole in your hand when they come by, you'll hook up. I saw a guy who almost lost his pole in the water because he wasn't standing close enough when he got hit. That's the Murphy's Law of fishing, you'll get hit when you divert your attention, or take a few secs to take a leak, and Bang! you're it!

(I checked the chart, at 32" it might have been more than 12#, but I try not to exaggerate weights.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3-22-09b.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	6118

This is what one report that's too specific does, 75 people on a 350' section of beach.

Name:	3-22-09 arent you glad you use dial.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	6119
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 03-04-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: put pics

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

This is what one report that's too specific does, 14 people on a 75' section of beach.

Name:	3-22-09 arent you glad you use dial.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	6119

Thats why i dont post the locations, i hate that.
    Same thing happened to me, i caught a keeper and the dude next to me walk to me while i unhook the fish and he stands right in my footsteps...??
    Or had a keeper and the dude calls his buddies to spread the news, what a....??
    Some people just dont know how to respect other fishermans space.

Not my seen.
    I would rather go fishless than be in a crowd like that.
    You are correct, some people show no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyD View Post
    Thats why i dont post the locations, i hate that.
    Same thing happened to me, i caught a keeper and the dude next to me walk to me while i unhook the fish and he stands right in my footsteps...??
    Or had a keeper and the dude calls his buddies to spread the news, what a....??
    Some people just dont know how to respect other fishermans space.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Not my seen.
    I would rather go fishless than be in a crowd like that.
    You are correct, some people show no respect.
    Lenny and Monty, I agree. When I see a crowd, I might say hi to the guys I know and bs for awhile. After, I would rather move to a place close to that that has the same conditions that drew the guys to that spot in the first place (other than an internet report). That's why scouting at low tide is essential for back bay areas. The book of fishing knowledge is right there in front of you, open your eyes and drink it all in.

When I see a crowd, I might say hi to the guys I know and bs for awhile.
    Dude, I don't think it's possible to get into a conversation with you "for awhile". It's more like an olympic marathon.

Would you like us to catch the fish for you, fillet them, and start them on the grill in order for you to leave the house to go fishin? I don't mind strikin out, as long as I'm in the game. Ya can't catch a fish on a couch, man.

fished raritan tonight from sundown till 9 struck out on the clams.

fished RB last evening, incoming tide, lotta strikes, only 1 short.

I forgot to tell you that, yesterday when i shopped for bait 2 out of 3 bait shop was closed. What ....?

"fished RB last evening, incoming tide, lotta strikes, only 1 short"
    Water temps are down, now might be a good time to fish the top of the outgoing where water comes out from. (That didn't work for me last week, BTW) This weather pattern coming in today should produce some fish, wish I didn't have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyD View Post
    I forgot to tell you that, yesterday when i shopped for bait 2 out of 3 bait shop was closed. What ....?
    A lot of the places close earlier on the weeknights until the season gets into full swing. That was one of the problems with T&A, they would close 1/2 hour early when they felt like it. Pretty frustrating.

chucked some stinky clams after work in the back, 1 shortie around 24, wheres the bigger fish?

I was out early today RB fishing with clams, only one tap, no fish. The skunk followed me there or he followed me home. Either way I got no fish.

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    chucked some stinky clams after work in the back, 1 shortie around 24, wheres the bigger fish?
    Hey at least you're tryin. Clams are king right now until the bunker start to fill in more. I got a friend who's a maniac plugger, caught more 40's last year than anyone I know. He's too impatient to play with clams, he's more hyper than me, gotta keep moving.

The other night he broke down and was fishin clams with everyone else. Now you gotta go to confession, man, youre a CLAM DUNKER!!! :

Fished RB last night one short on clams.

Fished in the back of Raritan bay from 7-9 tonight. I had one pole with clams, one solid hit, no hookup. There were a lot of guys back there, I only saw one rat caught. The water temperatures were around 44 degrees with a cheap thermometer I used.

water was hot tonight dudes, beach way too crowded. 5 bass in an hour in the back, 26-28, a few other guys got some nicer ones. snotballs.

^ Nice, W4F.

Fished 6 hours in the rain last night in the back of Raritan. We were using clams. There was a flurry of activity around 11pm. I got 1 bass 29", my friend got one, and some other guys got some, then it died. I hope this rain doesn't mess things up.

Fished few hrs last night in various locations, only 1 bump.

2 fish tonight before the rain, one 24, one 30", rb. Man that thunder was scary, lol

Fished RB last night one bump with clams. I'm new at this so I'll keep trying.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast