Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Jersey fishing reports for March 2009

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    2 fish tonight before the rain, one 24, one 30", rb. Man that thunder was scary, lol
    Nice job W4F!
    Looks like you are on the good!

Quote Originally Posted by LennyD View Post
    Nice job W4F!
    Looks like you are on the good!
    dude that dont even count, im so mad, my buddies crushed them big time. I thought it was over and went home.back out again tonight but the water looks like chocolate milk, might be for nuttin who knows

dude that dont even count, im so mad, my buddies crushed them big time. I thought it was over and went home.back out again tonight but the water looks like chocolate milk, might be for nuttin who knows
    Yup, I got out too late, luck of the draw. Fished 5-7am in RB, one small bass around 27" at sunrise, nothing after that. Beautiful sunrise. A strong S wind 20-30mph muddied up the water. Later it turned west, still breezy.

I thought that would bring the temps down, but it went to 51 today. Just checked and it went down to 48 and is spiking up again. Only 2 more weeks of solid bass fishin till the blues are here. (maybe sooner, heard some bluefish rumors today)

Hey W4F, maybe u van give me some idea where to try, just PM me, cuz i cant, u blocked. Heading down wed. night.
    Thanx!
    Lennyd

I went out to the back of raritan bay yesterday afternoon to try some clamming. I fished until sundown and didn't get any bumps. There were about 10 guys fishing along the beach. Lots of cormorants were diving also, but no fish were caught.

Well I'm 0 for 3 for keepers.

Some small fish this season, but the 20's and 25's elude me so far. Fished 3:30-6:30 this morning in the bay. Wind was hard NNW, pretty stiff. I think it kept a lot of guys home. A buddy got 2 keepers around 2 am before I showed up, and went home. The water was skinny by the time I set up, so I moved a few places and waded.

At the last place I was about 500 feet out in a place that gave me a lee from the wind. I was hoping the fish would show, but not even a tap for me, not this time. It was good to have a heated truck to get back to after the cold wind. The water wasn't that cold though, it's definitely heating up. Better nights ahead.

first guys of the season tonite on the incoming. 3 fish to 25". water temp 50. strong wind from the east had the current ripping. figured out these hacky fish wanted the chernobyl green shads under the moon. got real lucky when i hit myslef in the eye with one. like i got punched.. hate it when they are hittin rite in front of you and the wind caused too much slack, didnt see where it was coming from.

had the last fish go airborne, almost jumped into my buddies arms practically, he thought i threw the fish at him!

Nice report, Zev. Glad that you are okay, I've had a couple of narrow misses. Seems like you solved the equation of what the fish wanted, at least for last night. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by zev View Post
    first guys of the season tonite on the incoming. 3 fish to 25". water temp 50. strong wind from the east had the current ripping. figured out these hacky fish wanted the chernobyl green shads under the moon. got real lucky when i hit myslef in the eye with one. like i got punched.. hate it when they are hittin rite in front of you and the wind caused too much slack, didnt see where it was coming from.

had the last fish go airborne, almost jumped into my buddies arms practically, he thought i threw the fish at him!

man u are lucky zev that spanish dude smashed a sinker back in his head last year and killed himself nice fish tho! i only got one last night it was a shortie the bunker came in and never got close enough for us to do some damage

Was full on for me in SNJ, heavy concentration of fish on some flats at night. Not that i care that much but my fish to 27.5" ha ha but lots of fiesty schoolies and slot sized.

Default Plug winner for March fishing report random drawing!!!

Zev, you won the plug in the March random drawing. Thanks for posting. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

Here's a pic, pm me your info so I can send it out. Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

I can't remember which color I stuck in the envelope, but it will be a Davis plug, made by Glen Davis.

He makes great plugs that catch fish, and has been doing it for a bunch of years now.

Link to Davis plugs:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=78

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234