Took a ride down to the Wicomo youth & civic center in Salisbury today to check out the show.

Right off the bat, we met Cookie and some other guys from the LIBBA to show support for AMSA and the other beach buggy groups. Nice meetin some guys from our area all the way down there. Also ran into some of the reps from the NJBBA.

The show was set up nice, but we must have picked a bad day to go. It was like a ghost town. The weather was beautiful and maybe everyone was out fishing instead. The bad economy may have had something to do with it also.

It was a good chance to meet some of the local groups down there, see what they were about, and get a chance later to enjoy the beautiful surf at Ocean City Maryland. It's almost time to go fishin down there, and their water is a lot warmer than ours.

For any of the people who live in that area, it seems from the conversations I had that AMSA is a good bunch of people doing all the right things, helping out the kids by taking them fishing, and marshalling the support it can to keep beach access open for fishermen. Check out their booth if you go there on Sunday.

For those on the fence about going, it's only $6 to get in, and there are a bunch of tackle shops and other vendors. There's a pretty large selection of campers and RVs, some boats in the parking lot, and some of the area's charter captains with booths. If that's your focus, you will be happy.

For me, I'm used to seeing a lot more vendors at these shows, that's why I said it felt like a ghost town in there.

If anyone was going there looking for a deal, they might be negotiable on prices of some of the stuff, you should go there and give it a shot. This economy really is terrible for everyone, and all the people I know who want to do business are makin deals. I hope things get better for everyone.

I'll post some more and put up some pics after I get a chance to download them.