Thread: Asbury Park Fishing Club Flea Market

Hybrid View

Default Plug builders and show pics

The lighting in there sucked big time, so the best shots were the closeups. If I took your pic and ya don't see it, it's because it looked lousy or blurry. I also tried to eliminate any pics where people had goofy faces or closed eyes. Builders not up here in the pics, let me know and I'll try to hit ya up at the next show you're at.

Any details I got wrong, PM me and I'll edit.

It was cool to see some people I haven't seen a long time, and I missed runnin into some others. The most noticable thing to me was that Gary Hull wasn't there anymore. I could close my eyes and see him from past shows, but then I had to open them and come back to reality.

It was kinda sad, really. I wouldn't be so presumptious as to count myself as among Gary's circle of friends, though I did meet him a few times. I admired his work, but I don't own anything by Gary2, I own very few custom plugs.

What I admired most about him was that he extended his advice and help to anyone who asked, whether it be about plug building, or fishing. I will always be grateful for the few times I did meet him.

Sometimes we take people, and their health, for granted. We think they'll be around forever, or at least another year or 2. Nothing is guaranteed on this earth, so treasure the people in your life while you can. RIP Gary, and all the otheer surf fishermen and old time anglers we have lost in the past few years.

Default Luna Lures

Met the guy from Luna Lures. He's a member of the Asbury club. Think he said he's been doing this for a year or 2, name is Nick

Don't know anything about his plugs, never fished em, but have seen some positive feedback here and there about them. Nice meetin ya, man.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	5473

Name:	006.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	5474

Name:	008.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	5475

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	5476

Name:	011.JPG 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	5477

Name:	012.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	5478

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	5479

Name:	013.JPG 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	5480

Default Sunset lures

Bob from Sunset lures. Relatively new to the scene. His plugs range from $15-25.

Among his biggest influences:
    Billy McFadden, whom he called one of the "most sharing guys, with the biggest heart".
    He's also been iinfluenced and inspired by Bill Lindner and Lefty.

Nice meetin ya.

Name:	015.JPG 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	5481

Name:	016.JPG 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	5482

Name:	020.JPG 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	5483

Default Mike Fixter's plugs

Mike Fixter from California is an established guy, has a good rep in the plug world. I never met him, heard a lot about him. Was looking forward to meeting him, but instead got to meet Dave who was workin his table.

Dave's a musky nut, the guy could write books about muskie fishin. But why would he? it would take away from his fishin time.

I never fished Fixter's plugs. He makes some huge stuff, some of em must have been over 5oz or more. Price ranges from $25-40. After checking out the plugs, I could see why musky and salt guys hold Mike in high regard. People say they're built to take punishment, and then some. Nice to finally meet ya, Dave.

Name:	021.JPG 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	5484

Name:	022.JPG 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	5485

Name:	023.JPG 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	5486

Name:	024.JPG 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	5487

Default Bodega Bay lures

Joe from Bodega Bay lures, out of Cali, aka Sporty Guy. He's been into this for 6 or 7 years now, and said one of his biggest influences was Chumbucket.

Chumbucket is one of the humblest guys you would ever want to meet. First tiime I met hiim, I said someting about what masterpieces his work was. He just shrugged it off, like he didn't want to feed into the ego thing too much. Meanwhile, guys all around say what a helpful resource he has been to the plug building community, and how generous he is with his advice. I don't think you could find one person on this earth who would be able to say anything negative about him.

Nice meeting you guys again.

Name:	026.JPG 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	5488

Name:	028.JPG 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	5490

Name:	027.JPG 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	5513

Default Guppy lure company

Guppy Lures started in 2002 when brothers Peter and Wayne Hess bought the equipment and machines after Brad Pohler of Hog Hunter lures passed away.

They started to ramp things up around 2003 or 2004, and have been hard at it making plugs since. Nice meetin you guys.

Name:	033.JPG 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	5491

Name:	034.JPG 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	5492

Name:	035.JPG