http://asburyparkfishingclub.com/

ASBURY PARK FISHING CLUB
    18th ANNUAL
    INDOOR FISHING FLEA MARKET

Sunday, March 14, 2010
    9 AM to 2 PM

Convention Hall
    Ocean and Sunset Avenues, Asbury Park, New Jersey - See Directions

Featuring new and used fishing equipment and the BEST plug makers in the Nation!
    Free Parking will be available in all PARKING LOTS along Ocean Avenue during the Flea Market on Sunday, March 14th, thanks to Madison Marquette. PARKING LOTS only!!!

Default Asbury Park Fishing club: membership info

If you want to find out about the club, check out a meeting:

Asbury Park Fishing Club meets 7:30 PM every first Monday of the month at the VFW Building, Lake Ave, Asbury Park, NJ. Please check the Club's Calendar for meeting dates and events throughout the year.

If you are interested in joining the Asbury Park Fishing Club, please come to a meeting and complete an application form. Annual membership is $25.00 with a reduced fee of $5.00 for anyone over 62 or under 18 years of age.

Members of the Asbury Park Fishing Club are some of the best plug and lure makers in the World!

Default NJ Striped bass Hall of Fame

This is a prestigious group that has consistently caught large fish. The details are managed by the Asbury Club and can ba found on their site.

http://asburyparkfishingclub.com/the...allofFame.html

THE NEW JERSEY STRIPED BASS HALL OF FAME

Welcome to the official headquarters of the N.J. Striped Bass Hall of Fame. This organization was established in 2004 to identify and single out individuals who have consistently excelled at catching trophy sized striped bass from the ocean and inland salt waters of New Jersey.

The current membership includes many of the most productive bass fishermen over the past half century and remains open to all land based striper fishermen. The requirements for membership, however, were intentionally made very challenging in order to insure that only serious, dedicated “Bass Hounds” could eventually qualify.

Membership Requirements:

The minimum requirements for inclusion into the Hall of Fame is two (2) points
    • Each 50+ pound bass = 1 point
    • Three or more 40+ pound bass = 1 point
    • Ten or more 30+ pound bass = 1 point
    That is, catch (2) 50+ pound fish and you’re in. Or, (1) 50+ pound fish and (3) 40+ pound fish. Or, (3) 40+ pound fish and (10) 30+ pound fish. Or, (1) 50+ pound fish and (10) 30+ pound fish.

All fish must be caught shore based (no boat fish) and must be from New Jersey waters. Anyone who believes they meet the minimum criteria and wishes to be considered for induction into this Hall of Fame needs to have their catches authenticated by a recognized Fishing Club or tackle shop. As an alternative, your proof such as photos, newspaper articles, log books, etc. will be reviewed by a committee of existing members.

The members of this Hall of Fame want very badly to be inclusive of the entire state. A review of the attached memberships list clearly shows that many outstanding fishermen from south of Barnegat inlet have not yet been identified and included.

Questions regarding the New Jersey Striped Bass Hall of Fame should be directed to Larry Casparro at (732) 988-0348.

The Hall of Fame is proud to honor the 2009 inductees, including the reigning IGFA all tackle world record holder, Albert McReynolds; the locally well known author, lecturer and surf guide, Shell E. Caris; the relatively young, but very accomplished standout, Tony Melo; and the seasoned pro, Stan Duziuba.

NEW JERSEY STRIPED BASS HALL OF FAME

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APFC NJ striped bass hall of fame1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	10345

Name:	APFC NJ striped bass hall of fame2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	10346

* INDICATES 2009 INDUCTEES

APFC = ASBURY PARK FISHING CLUB
    SLL = SPRING LAKE LIVELINERS
    SRA = SHARK RIVER ANGLERS
    BSC = BERKELEY STRIPER CLUB
    SCA = SURF CITY ANGLERS
    MBCT = MONMOUTH BEACH CAR TOPPERS

Name:	Caris.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	10347

Name:	Melo 57lb 2003.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	10348

2010 plugmaker list:

This is one of the biggest gatherings of custom plug makers on the East Coast. All in one auditorium. Looking at the list, and realizing many of the greats there in the past who are no longer with us today, you can see why there is a lot of buzz and excitement generated by this show.

http://asburyparkfishingclub.com/plug_makers.htm

Name:	Asbury 2010 plugmaker list.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	10349

Default The Old Man's Tackle Box

Jerry Melia runs the Old Man's Tackle Box, which does most of its business at flea markets and area shows.

I found it interesting how Jerry got into bucktail and sinker making.

He said he used to fish a lot and lost too many bucktails. He eventually realized if he wanted to keep up with his fishing addiction, he needed to make his own lead and bucktails.

Along the way, he met some good people. He and his Dad started doing it, and as it grew he called on the knowledge of his friend John to learn how to tie bucktails.

As he made and sold more, he realized he needed a durable finish. That's where he called his friend Doug of Dr Lures in for advice. Doug ran a powder coating dept for a company and knew the whole process. Doug teamed up to help Jerry, (what are friends for...? ) and the rest is history.

Some customers of Jerry's have told him he has the cheapest bucktails around. He had show specials, 8 and 10 oz bucktails, for $5 each. That's a great price for the heavier ones.

Stop by and say hi to Jerry and Doug.

Default Meet Doug from Dr Lures

Doug is quite a character, with many stories to tell.

One of them is about how do you catch a mermaid?

Stop by his table at the Asbury Show today for the answer to that question...

Great show today....some of the well-known surfcasting sharpies were there, some of the silent sharpies....some good times with the S&A sitemembers here, some great stories....cool times with good people... went down there with G, Rip, and Brasilva. Later on Tommy came to join us. Met with Finchaser, Joe Melillo, and many of the NJ old time surf greats, Ron Muccie, Joe Palotta, and too many more to list. It was like a who's who of NJ surfcasting.

Some awesome pics and videos of the builders and their stuff.....

I'll try to have it up by tomorrow.

In the meantime if anyone wants to post about the show and what they thought of it, feel free...

(even if ya just went there for the world class hotdogs)

Hey Dark and G. Had a great time with you mofos. I am so glad we finally got together to shoot the chit. Wished Brasilva would have stuck around but, maybe I will get a chance to fish with him in the future. Good times man can not wait to start fishing. Thanks again. Oh yea I forgot to mention that I met Finchaser and some of the best surf guys around. It was such a great experience and can not wait until next year to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Oh yea I forgot to mention that I met Finchaser and some of the best surf guys around. It was such a great experience and can not wait until next year to go again.
    Rip, glad we all decided to make that trip.
    I wanted you and G to get a chance to meet a cross section of the surf guys there at that show..

Finchaser, Joe Melillo, Zeno, Shel E Caris, Charlie K from Shark River, Joe Palotto...Pres of the Asbury Fishing Club, and some of the other Asbury members, Billy Mcfadden famous plugmaker, Ron Muccie and his crew of old-school sharpies, etc.

We missed others because we just ran out of time. I didn't get to the SSFFF table with Dave A taking contributions, and missed an interview with Gene Amato... VP of Asbury and the maker of Fish On Plugs.

We also missed some others, but I think overall, we got you to see how the surf fishing world we love is a big and small world at the same time.

There were so many notable anglers in the surfcasting world there today. I hope you remember their faces and get a chance to run into them in the surf, as each of them has something different to offer.

Sounds like all of you had a great time. Maybe next year I'll tag along.

What are some of the goodies you guys bought at the show? Do you have any pics?

A burger and a T bone needle

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    A burger and a T bone needle
    What happened to that world class hot dog you were lookin for?

Wassamatta fa you!

Did that hamburger you ate at least come from Cargill, or was it an imitation burger?

Sorry I missed you guys. Dave A went lookin for some grub, I promised I would stop by the table after that. When I turned around you guys had packed up and left.

Did he do ok with the SSFFF contributions this time?

BTW, West Wind Wally made an appearance today and was talking about your grouchy nature.

Default The Asbury plugmakers!

I managed to shoot most of them, but still missed a few, my bad.

Scotty from Lex Lures

Sharing a table with Scotty was Charlie K from Shark River fishing club. Charlie K is an old school surfcaster, and is well regarded by many in the fishing world.

Last year Charlie had some rare Habs and Gary2s for sale. This year I think he had some more Habs and some others. You never know what Charlie will bring to the show, that's why it pays to stop by.

This year his special was a tub of unfinished Pencils and Needles for $1/EA.

That's right folks, only $1 for a plug that could be the beginning of a DIY plug project, or a Father/Son project. Where else can you get a simple unfinished plug blank for $1?

He had a huge tote filled with them.

By the end of the show he was almost sold out.

Nice seeing ya's again, Scotty and Charlie.

T Bone Tackle Co, Point Pleasant

Run by Steve

Choopy Lures... Charlie from Neptune

Big Bites Tackle...Ben from Philly

Luna Lures...by Greg

Greg, a member of the Asbury Club, stepped away for a sec, but his friend was nice enough to talk about them for us.

Ron Muccie Glitter plugs and teasers

Talked with Ron, his friends Ellen and John as they talked about Ron's plugs...

and the fall run of 2009, where Ron and some of the other sharpies outfished many other guys on the beach that day using tin squids instead of Avas, tipped with Ron's custom tied teasers.

Ron Muccie and the magic tins and teasers
    Nice meetin ya again Ron!

Ron's custom teasers

Sandeels all over

Pics of Ellen reeliing in one of her 16 bass that day, and a link to that thread...

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5385

Ellen catches a few

Video:

Dingbat Lures...Neptune

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast