Thread: Custom Wooden Plugs Review and What's New

Threaded View

Attachment 5148

Attachment 5149

Attachment 5150

Attachment 5151

Attachment 5152

Met Armand and his son Marcel from RIP, Rhode Island poppers. Sometimes at the hyped up shows, it's difficult to talk to the plugmakers. I like the shows like JSS put on because you get a chance to talk to the guy when he's not rushed, and can have some decent conversations.

Rhode Island poppers has been in business since 1998, and have slowly grown to be one of the better regarded builders out there. Armand stands by his reputation and is proud of his work.

Beyond that, he told me the pride he feels when someone comes up to him and tells him a story how they nailed a nice fish on his plug.

It doesn't have to be a record. He related a story about how last year he and his son were fishing in the back of the bay, and they had 32-34" bass on almost every cast. Father and son fishing, these are the experiences that bring lifetime memories.

It was nice meetin you and your son again, Armand, and thanks for being so helpful about the Rhode Island info. I'm dyin to fish that place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2-21-09 JSSC show 021.jpg   2-21-09 JSSC show 022.jpg  

2-21-09 JSSC show 023.jpg   2-21-09 JSSC show 024.jpg  

2-21-09 JSSC show 028.jpg