Thread: Custom Wooden Plugs Review and What's New

Hybrid View

Bill and his wife
    Attachment 5211

Big wood, good for toothy muskies or striped bass
    Attachment 5213

Clear cedar and maple plugs
    Attachment 5214

He invented this killer bluefish rig, comes with a wire leader and extra hooks. Made out of rock maple, it's rock,jetty, and teeth proof. Guys in Mass use it to get live bunker under the bluefish and get to the bass.
    Attachment 5215

Some alligator muskies a guy caught using one of his plugs.
    Attachment 5216

I never fished these, but guys fish them for muskies all the time. If I were to use one in the salt, I would definitely swap out their freshwater hooks for VMC's.

Beyond all this, Bill seemed like a genuinely nice guy. He's a smart businessman and self-promoter, but he's also generous with his time and advice. Kinda reminds me of Charleston from another site I used to be on.

Bill said he's helped about 7 or 8 guys learn the craft, and they're now making plugs like he taught them. He's also got the local kids involved in fishin and "testing" his plugs, keeps them out of trouble.

At the end of the show, a young girl stopped by with her Dad, and he gave her a plug as a gift. With the scarcity of women entering the sport today, it was a generous gesture, and she and her Dad appreciated it.

Nice meetin ya, Bill. The next time I come out your way, I'm bringin my freshwater gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2-22-09 184.jpg   2-22-09 181.jpg  

2-22-09 180.jpg   2-22-09 179.jpg  

2-22-09 172.jpg