I-95 to Long Island Sound
Naugatuck Avenue (I-95) Boat Ramp - Milford (Devon) This is the state ramp nearest to Long Island Sound that is free to everyone. There is parking for 80 cars & trailers. Portalets are available during the boating season. The ramp is shielded from the current by the railroad bridge. Contact the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for information. Access: Bridgeport Avenue (Rt. 1) to Naugatuck Avenue, left under I-95 bridge.

Bond's Dock - Stratford A small boat ramp, fishing pier, and postage-stamp park tucked in between Brown's Boatyard and the Housatonic Boat Club. Parking and manuevering room are limited. Contact the Stratford Parks and Recreation Department for information and fees (203) 385-4085. Access: Ferry Boulevard to Lockwood Avenue at Uberti's Seafood.

Birdseye Boat Ramp - Stratford Recently upgraded, very nice boat ramp and fingers for access to Nells Island and Long Island Sound. Ample parking and a snack hut (if hut is closed you can always take a left on Elm St., go about a mile, and get a chillidog at The Cricket, opposite the Avco plant). Contact the Stratford Parks and Recreation Department for information and ramp fees (203) 385-4085. Access: Ferry Boulevard to Elm Street, take a left on Birdseye Street past the sewage treatment plant.

Court Street Boat Ramp - Milford Boat ramp at the bottom of Nells Island that is only useable at high and mid-tides so plan your trip carefully unless you enjoy getting stuck at low tide. Access: Naugatuck Avenue to Milford Point Road, turn right at the tennis courts onto Court Street. There is chain across the drive at times, but you can always walk in. Contact the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for information at (860) 485-0226