^^ Not from NJ, Jigfreak....SS of LI....
Thanks for the words, Monty.....

The reason I know these rules is because I have screwed up many times in life. I thank God for giving me more chances to come back...but wonder how lucky I can be....I made those guidelines for me as a safeguard to help keep my enthusiasm, and insanity ...in check when I know the fish should be there, but the conditions are dangerous......

I'm not judging anyone here, and I don't think it's productive for us to judge him either.

John S, the kayaker and author, recently got into trouble in Montauk and almost died. The amount of guys judging him for his mistake, saddens me.
Maybe because of who he is, some feel he should have been more aware of his surroundings. I'll agree with that.

However, we all make mistakes.

I have made plenty of them in my life....and I will continue to make them.
(Hopefully not the same ones).

The only perfect being out there is God.
Other than that, we are all flawed,,,and I must confess to having many flaws....
If someone learns from a bad experience, then maybe it was meant to be....it's one thing to learn from a book, but IMO nothing can substitute for a real life scare, until you realize how precious life truly is.....

Anyone else who has something to add, feel free....
You just might end up helping someone to save their lives one night out there...