Thread: mass produced Wooden Plugs Review

Default mass produced Wooden Plugs Review

For those guys who use factory produced wooden plugs, what are your favorites, do they always work well. why or why not?

Default Handmade Plugs are the way to go

Buy homemade plugs

The mass produced lures I make are all home made. Yep RI Poppers are all made right at our house by my family

I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct., but my heart is in SoCo.

And they are darned good ones, at that!
    EACH ONE, TEACH ONE !
    <*((())))>< <*((())))><

Default what kind,,

before I tried my hands at building my own,I bought several bulk buys of capt bills atoms and pro series swimmers.
    I did not expect any to be bad and none of them were.
    my partner also did the same and he did have one shed it's paint after several chopper attacks but that was it.
    I refinished it for him and it's been as solid as a rock.

so,for me I must say that they are good.
    I also must say that if there is anyone on this site that has bad words to say about them,I'll take them all off your hands!!
    just pm me and I'll send you my mail info!

ya know,I kinda believe that some guys get brainwashed into thinking that such plugs are junk and then say they are even though they have had no problems at all with them.
    most guys say such all over the web and the fact is that it's just not so.all of mine[28 pieces] have performed well,some did need to be tuned but they have not lost paint or cracked or anythng else.

I honestly beleve that it's jst bad words from some that affect the ideas of others.
    shoot,I have some tops shelf plugs[4 total] that arent cheap and them bastges cracked from stem to stern!,,I won't mention any names but I simply retopcoated them and kept right on fishing,they still work and I am still happy with them,,,will I buy any more of them??,,,nope,,will I make any more of my own??,,damn skippy!

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
    I honestly beleve that it's jst bad words from some that affect the ideas of others.

R-P
    Very well said ripplugger, you definitely have a lot of wisdom.

That's because some people in this world can't think for themselves, they want to be spoon fed all their knowledge from the internet. Whatever happened to good old fashioned hard work? I posted a thread here about learning to make plugs. A lot of guys chimed in to help me. True, I find it hard to finish projects because of all the things going on with the family. But even getting started made me realize how hard people work to make something. It's a tremendous task to create something and have it come out right. I know like everything else that you can't learn these things overnight. Try to tell that to some of the internet critics who complain about every little feature that isn't perfectly to their liking.

"My rod broke, did anyone know where to get a free one? (were you using it as a wading staff?)

Oh compare and contrast the durability of xxxx plugs against yyyy plugs for me, I'm too lazy to go out and do it myself.

BTW, I'm going out fishing today, can anyone hold my rod for me and bait my pole, I'm too busy texting to fish. "

Quote Originally Posted by stripercrazy View Post
    Very well said ripplugger, you definitely have a lot of wisdom.

That's because some people in this world can't think for themselves, they want to be spoon fed all their knowledge from the internet. Whatever happened to good old fashioned hard work? I posted a thread here about learning to make plugs. A lot of guys chimed in to help me. True, I find it hard to finish projects because of all the things going on with the family. But even getting started made me realize how hard people work to make something. It's a tremendous task to create something and have it come out right. I know like everything else that you can't learn these things overnight. Try to tell that to some of the internet critics who complain about every little feature that isn't perfectly to their liking.

"My rod broke, did anyone know where to get a free one? (were you using it as a wading staff?)

Oh compare and contrast the durability of xxxx plugs against yyyy plugs for me, I'm too lazy to go out and do it myself.

BTW, I'm going out fishing today, can anyone hold my rod for me and bait my pole, I'm too busy texting to fish. "
    SC,

I have spent years of sleepless nights out on the water doing it and learning it.
    now some newbie shows up and wants some tips,i will give some to point him in the right direction but I won't tell the secret,that they must earn,like I did.
    they also think that because they have the most costly pieces of wood or that they have a lamiglas that they are the ****,,,well,they soon find out that they only have a taste of the pie and crumbs at that.
    guys like us are like the old timers now,we did it the hard way,learned from it and how to do it.
    I hope this thread makes someone think for themselves!

cheers
    R-P

Quote Originally Posted by stripercrazy View Post
    That's the modern world for you :

stripercrazy,

you can forget that,I ain't holding or baiting your pole!,,I like girls man!,,,,,

R-P

i use a lot of the factory stuff i get fish i also have some custom wood to i get fish on them so they both get fish so i use them both

Anyone ever try the creek chub pikie? They are about 8" long. Saw them in a close-out bin at a tackle shop. They were priced at 10. Isn't that a little cheap for a wood plug? thanks

Seems to be a decent price, they are usually fairly heavy from creek chub so make sure your rod can handle it before you buy it.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Thanks surfstix I will give them a try and report back!

We all have our headaches making plugs that's part of the learning curve. sometimes the internet gives too much info.
    have I had failures hell yes not so much action wise but some paint failure mainly due to certain primers not behaving well with airbrush paints. others had sealing issues early on, you live you learn.

I continue to try different things if they fail they fail. I never got into this to sell them it was something to occupy my mind after back surgery #3.Everyone has their own methods. For now I'm getting by until something else rears it's ugly head.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.