Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DelMarVa fishing reports for March 2009

Default DelMarVa fishing reports for March 2009

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

"Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, (Any)River or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free, as long as you are not overly specific about location.

Default RocksandReds fishing report

Folks, RocksandReds, one of our newest members, caught this bass recently. I am posting the picture here as well because it qualifies as a fishing report, and is eligible for a free plug in our monthly random drawing at the end of each month for people posting reports. If he decides to post some details about how he caught this beauty, that would be even better. It's good to see people out there hard at it to catch some nice fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1669 b.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bunkerjoe4 View Post
    Folks, RocksandReds, one of our newest members, caught this bass recently. I am posting the picture here as well because it qualifies as a fishing report, and is eligible for a free plug in our monthly random drawing at the end of each month for people posting reports. If he decides to post some details about how he caught this beauty, that would be even better. It's good to see people out there hard at it to catch some nice fish.

Hey, Thanks bunkerjoe4,

Well here's the lowdown finaddict,my son & I went out last sunday 3/15/09, we were in need of some pullage after the winter break figured we would give it a whirl. The weather was rainy and cold or favorite conditions, bait of choice was cut herring & bloodworms, I ended up with four fish with the biggest being 41"L 23.5"G she was caught on live herring the rest were caught on bloods.All fish were released to fight another day, here are a few pics..

I Live and Breath Fishing!!! It dont get any better..

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Well with the weather nasty and snotty, Rocksandreds, his son Hunter and I decided to wet some lines. We caught some fresh bait in the morning and his our spot.

We weren't there 10 minutes and I get hooked up. It was a hoss. I fought it to the surf and Chris' eyes got huge. He said it is as thick as a 5 gal bucket. The fish was WELL over 40". Chris grabbed the shock leader, but the fish was still green and made another run. I brout it to the surf again and it rolled and spit the hook at Chris' feet. I thought he was going to dive in after it. I almost wish he would have, what a fish.

Chris also lost a monster in the surf as well.

We rebaited and went back at it. The next fish I got went 42"L and 26 3/4"G. Beautiful fish. I got 4 today all over 40". Chris was the high hook with 5 fish. The largest was 41 3/4"L and a 25"G. Hunter, Rocksandreds son caught a 36 1/2" striper as well.

What a great day snotty weather and fishing with great friends. Oh, did I mention the great fishing too..

I am hoping Chris will posts pics

Very impressive catches Finaddict, bay or ocean?

Hey finaddict hope you sent some our way, I can't wait for the cows to come, great story of the fight!

Default Pics to go with Finaddicts report

Lost a few pics to camera or operator error

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Those are some pretty mean fish! Nice going!

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    Very impressive catches Finaddict, bay or ocean?
    I think it was the bay, no wait a minute, it was the ocean, no wait a minute, I don't know where I was.

All fish kissed, spanked on thier arse and sent your way.

Chris thanks for posting the pics and I am sorry to knock you off the leader board. It will go back and forth between you and I a hundred times before it is all said and done.

Holy **** guys, nice fish! Do you guys measure the water temps, any idea, high 40's? It sounds like they hit like freight trains, pretty work.

Quote Originally Posted by Finaddict View Post
    Chris thanks for posting the pics and I am sorry to knock you off the leader board. It will go back and forth between you and I a hundred times before it is all said and done.
    Thats alright I'm gunnin for ya now "Do you feel lucky punk"

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Quote Originally Posted by RocksandReds View Post

Its all good for now. Who who so far. You got quantity, but I got quality. Round 4 ding ding:

Beautiful fish, guys Your son looks very happy, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by RocksandReds View Post

Beautiful fish guys, your son looks like the cat that ate the canary.

Very impressive!

Default March plug winner

Rocksandreds, you won the plug for March! PM me with your address so I can get it out to you. Nice goin all you guys!! Beautiful fish!! Even nicer that you shared your fishin time with the young ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Rocksandreds, you won the plug for March! PM me with your address so I can get it out to you. Nice goin all you guys!! Beautiful fish!! Even nicer that you shared your fishin time with the young ones.
    Hey DarkSkies, Thanks ,this is great!! I'll have to shoot you an email for some reason I can't PM, its probably something I'm doing wrong Email coming and Thanks again!!

Chris

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Congrads Chris,

By the way, you are now behind on the "quality" as well as the "quantity"

Now you all know where Hunter and Destiny gets the competitiveness from

Quote Originally Posted by Finaddict View Post
    Congrads Chris,

By the way, you are now behind on the "quality" as well as the "quantity"

Now you all know where Hunter and Destiny gets the competitiveness from
    Only untill tomorrow my friend I smell fish in the surf wind died down a touch and I got bunker that was still swimming a few hours ago, and in 3 1/2 hours I'll be wetting a line I'll call you with a report in the AM

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast