Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Rod racks and sand spikes

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    Chris, I saw those AMSA plates on one of your trailer/racks. You're AMSA member #1100, I get that, but what do the numbers 170 and 171Junior mean? Are they your children?
    Hey Plugcrazy,

Sorry I missed your post yes they are my kids they are both members, they are DMS members also.
    I Live and Breath Fishing!!! It dont get any better..

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Great work Rocks! Notocedyou have one of the older (better ) DE surf tags on the rack. Heard they are a major No-No now," improper display of permit." Not wanting to Poop on any bodies Pop Tart, may save a ticket from an overly agressive park cop.

Quote Originally Posted by i bd fossil View Post
    Great work Rocks! Notocedyou have one of the older (better ) DE surf tags on the rack. Heard they are a major No-No now," improper display of permit." Not wanting to Poop on any bodies Pop Tart, may save a ticket from an overly agressive park cop.
    Thanks,

So far no problems its been on there for about several years now and they have checked me several times with nothing being said, but I'm sure I'll get that one that does sooner or later.

Chris

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

The only reason I mentioned that wasI saw it happen last Sept.
    Late at nite, only a few of us on the sand, patrol passes me goes to the next guy, stops,started talking to him, next thing I know is the other fellow starts packing up. Guy stops near me and asks if I have any use for his bait, says he was kicked off the beach for "improper display of permit". Must have been a bad nite for the officer,good nite for mecaught 3 shorts on the other guys bait.

The only reason I mentioned that was I saw it happen last Sept.
    says he was kicked off the beach for "improper display of permit". .
    So the guys down there don't have anything better to do with their time? I could see if you didn't have the permits, but "improper display?"

Took some video today of RnR sand spike being used. I like it, it's sturdy easy to carry, and holds it's place.

DS, it must be the DE government wanting to justify the prison system. several years ago they stopped using the , when I went to renew my tag I was told that the new white plates were the only ones they would recognize. Not thinking I let my last surf vehicle picture plate go when the truck was totaled. As an aside the older numbered plates were a good way to get out of parking tickets in NYC, Often wonder if those people with 4 digit plates ever had any problems with thier registration? Seems the lazy parking officers kept using my surf tag on the front instead of the real plate on the rear. Back on point' improper display of permit" means the stickernot being on the white plates. Paperwork in order, no good must be white plate only.Anything to keep our convicted felons occupied, must be some kind of rehab.

DS, it must be the DE government wanting to justify the prison system. several years ago they stopped using the , when I went to renew my tag I was told that the new white plates were the only ones they would recognize. Not thinking I let my last surf vehicle picture plate go when the truck was totaled. As an aside the older numbered plates were a good way to get out of parking tickets in NYC, Often wonder if those people with 4 digit plates ever had any problems with thier registration? Seems the lazy parking officers kept using my surf tag on the front instead of the real plate on the rear. Back on point' improper display of permit" means the stickernot being on the white plates. Paperwork in order, no good must be white plate only.Anything to keep our convicted felons occupied, must be some kind of rehab.
    ibd, i read your concerns here, sorry I missed it when you first posted.

I can tell you from experience here in NJ, NY, Conn and some of the other states along the stripercoast, that we have way too many regs compared to what you guys have in De. The experience you had in Delaware sounds to me like a case of some guy who let his power go to his head.

We recently had some officers in Long Branch, NJ, stop Bob Dylan walking around and gave him major hassles when there was a question about his ID. This is what you get when a lot of enforcement personnel are under 25.

I just came back from the midwest, we drove 1000 miles and the only place we saw speed traps was in NJ, PA, and Indiana. Otherwise most police have better things to do than hassle citizens for petty offenses.

The experience you describe sounds like the pettiest offense, very minor. A seasoned officer should have realized that, and let you go on your way with a verbal warning.

That's how you build good relations between the police and the public, IMO. Maybe the guy who hassled you didn't read that in the manual.

Another video I took of RocksnReds sandspike.

This time I was fishin in the spring, and had one rod with bunker, one with clams. The one in the spike had bunker, while I held the clam rod in my hands, a few feet away. This allowed me to fish a little further out, in 3' of water. I jammed Chris's 6' sandspike in the sand, and it held, even with the waves coming in (calm night though) .

I think this illustrates the strength of the spike a little better. I feel when I get a big fish on that rod, the sandspike will not bend in half, like some of the wimpier ones on the market.

Since the night bite is about sharks now, I think that's an important feature. Although you should never be too far away from your sandspike, you want to be confident that it won't be ripped out like a piece of paper, and swept away to England.

I think with the stronger materials he uses, Chris has achieved that, and surf fishermen can have a good degree of confidence when they're fishin.

Good product, sturdy construction.

RnR sandspike in sedge banks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP3932.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	7900

RnR, your sand spikes are the best. I always have trouble putting Darks other sand spikes into the ground, yours are so easy to manuver. The foot post is my favorite. One or two steps and they are in the ground, strong and secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    RnR, your sand spikes are the best. I always have trouble putting Darks other sand spikes into the ground, yours are so easy to manuver. The foot post is my favorite. One or two steps and they are in the ground, strong and secure.
    Thanks!! I am finishing up another batch, let me know if he needs somemore

Thanks Chris

Century Fishing
    AMSA 736
    Eastern Shore Anglers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12