I thought this was important for anyone wanting to learn about beach access and attempted restrictions, to see that there are all sorts of sneaky ways for towns to accomplish this. Your access may be constitutionally protected....but if a town really doesn't like or want fishermen around....they can do us in with severe parking restrictions and beach fees.....

I did this comparison a few years back, to illustrate the differences in town policy, based upon attitude of the taxpayers living there....
The most recent access battle that comes to mind for these statements, is Amagansett, specifically "truck beach".
I'll try to write more about it when I get a chance....or someone here feel free to post a separate thread.....

It seemed to me that in access issues, different economic classes have different perceptions about whether fishermen should be allowed....or not....
If you want to get mad at elitist homeowners who think they own every grain of sand.....that's your right....I feel the same way....
But if you folks want to win a battle....sometimes it's good to look at different areas....and try to understand their position, strategies, game plan, and political maneuverings, as a way to learn to deal with other towns in the future....
Thanks for reading.....