Before the Brookhaven meeting the other night I went to both Brookhaven and Riverhead town beaches and took a bunch of pics. I had to see for myself what the differences were, and try to see if the story the Brookhaven officials are feeding to the public had any credibility.

I realize it's the winter season, all the trash is picked up. Someone might say...Well it's not the same, you have to compare it in the summer.

I compared and contrasted 2 towns at the same point in a timeline, sounds relatively scientific to me. As an outsider, I have no stake in fishing either town. The differences I found were appalling to me, and significant enough to merit a thread detailing how I feel the towns are different, with pictures as documentation.

I'll post the pics on the rest of the thread when I get a chance, anyone feels like chiming in in the meantime about these towns, please do.

Going there, and seeing for myself, helped me to understand how politics is a dirty game sometimes. People pass the buck until there is no one to blame, and only then do they accept responsibility.