Thread: A Proud Poppa

Default A Proud Poppa

DMS had our annual Dinner Dance last night. During the dinner DMS awards trophies for our 2008 Interclub Tounament. Last year my little girl and fishing partner Destiny wanted to fish it with me. It was terrible conditions winds 25-35 and gusting, rain was sideways and current was scary. She stuck it out all day and ended up catching a 36 1/2" Bluefish, with no assistance from me. That fish beat out a multitude of anglers and she took 2nd place.

The next photo is both of us, I took 1st place with a 38 3/4" Striper. I am so proud of her. I couldn't ask for a better fishing partner or daughter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1200.jpg   HPIM1198.jpg  

Here she is hooked up and with the fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1054.jpg   HPIM1057.jpg  

I guess I better post my fish as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM1055.jpg  

I'd say her catch beats yours in this case, cause your smile is worth a cup of coffee or a fish story shared with a friend, but her smile is worth a million $$, it's priceless. This is the part that impresses me the most:

" It was terrible conditions winds 25-35 and gusting, rain was sideways and current was scary. She stuck it out all day and ended up catching a 36 1/2" Bluefish, with no assistance from me"

Sounds like you got a fishing partner for life, Fin, and these memories will be in her head forever. Beautiful pics, congrats to you both.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

By the way, I tried to make the Striper only measure 35" with the tape, so her fish would be bigger than mine. She saw what I was doing and told me to do it right and she loved me anyway.

I couldn't ask for a better fishing partner

The best part, she is the next generation of fishermen or "woman" to protect our access and fisheries rights. The memories are great, but teaching her to protect our access and resources are even better and she gets it.

What a great daughter you have. There is nothing better than father and daughter fishing trips.