There was a thread put up in the main forum about MPAs.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3430
I checked the link for Connecticut, and there is only one, McKinney. I copied the info and thought some guys who fished near there might want to weigh in. Right now it doesn't seem so bad. I would also like to see if they make the proposed restricted areas bigger. If that happens and anyone has a petition to sign or something like that, I will do it. Connecticut is a terrible place to start restricting fishing, we don't have enough access to begin with!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McKinneyBranfordOuterIsland.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	6176

Stewart B. McKinney
National Wildlife Refuge733 Old Clinton Road
Westbrook, CT 06498

There is no crabbing, fishing, or boating access from the refuge. However, Gatchen Creek and Menunketesuck River adjacent to the refuge, provide good areas for crabbing and kayaking. These areas may be accessed from the public boat launch on Rt 145 in Westbrook.

A waterfowl hunting program began in 2005 on 165 acres of the Great Meadows Unit. Waterfowl hunting is allowed in designed areas of this unit and requires a permit from the Refuge. There is no hunting on any other part of the refuge. Retrieval from refuge property is not allowed. Please contact the refuge for updates and further details.