Thread: squid darter

Default squid darter

this is my quid darter, 6 1/2" , 10" to end of tail. its almost 3oz. i dont know if it shows in the pic but its white with pink splash. swam it at the beach over the weekend , kind of a cross between spook an darter depending how you work it. what do you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails squid 002.JPG  
    nothing but wood will do

dude that would be killer in the rips at _________!!!! ha ha no spot burning lol. 3 oz must cast like a missile, sweeeeet!!!!

It looks a little off center. I think you should send one to me just so I could throw it a few times for you and let you know what I think. j/k sweet work, you get squid up in Connecticut in the spring?

That is beautiful work, baddog, looks just like a squid. Are you making a lot of those, or just trying them out on the lathe right now?

Nice work and good detail. That looks like a realistic eye you put in there, I'm assuming it's not a sticker. Good attention to the fine points. I hope it catches you some big fish.

Wow baddog, wow! That's a sweeeet plug! You said it was like a darter or spook. Does it have any weight in it, or does it only swim on the surface? Nice

Very nice work, man! When do we get to swim it in deep water? I heard some schoolies were active by you, you been out fishin yet?

Quote Originally Posted by baddog23 View Post
    kind of a cross between spook an darter depending how you work it. what do you think

Dead ringer for a squid. It's 3 oz and stays on the top, very nice. Did you use any weight in the tail, or use heavier wood.

I see that eye following you as you swim it in clear water, with Chucky the doll coming after that with his knife Sick work!

Sweet work!

Verrrrry nice, baddog23!