Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: skishing?

I have to agree with G on this one. There's no way in hell you can get me to do that.

I said the same thing! Then I did it and now there's simply nothing like it! The access you get is trumped only by a boat, but you're in the fishes element. I compare it to bowhunting, in that, it's very up close and personal. There's nothing stand-off'ish about it. I love it. Can't wait for the fall run to start. If the bass are out past the outer bar this year like they were last year, I'll be waiting for them. Don't hook me guys!

Default latest Melnyk Montauk skishing video

That was a great post on Melnyk, cowherder. Here is one of the latest videos he did at Mecca. He had a helmet cam, that is some awesome video!

Awesome video RH. The best advertisement for skishing I ever saw.

The clarity of that video is excellent. Great POV camera work.

Quote Originally Posted by Simp View Post
    I said the same thing! Then I did it and now there's simply nothing like it! The access you get is trumped only by a boat, but you're in the fishes element. I compare it to bowhunting, in that, it's very up close and personal.
    It definitely looks up close and personal. He's right in there with thousands of fish. It must be a real head rush to be out there, except for the sharks.

Just thought some of our members might like to re-visit this thread.

With the stripers being just out of reach so many times lately wonder if some more people in New Jersey were thinking of taking up skishing. I saw fish busting water yesterday but they were so far out of reach there was no way to reach them the big swell.

Just wondering if there's any new blood doing the skishing? I loved it for a few years, but have had some health issues and been gone for a while. I would give anything to be able to skish a large striper again...
    DR
    Enjoy the Journey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123