I used to really enjoy fishing the TEAL out of Atlantic Highlands and when the Moore family moved to part unknown, I needed to expand my horizons so I hopped on Capt. Hal's Sea Tiger. Capt. Hal was a great guy, good crew and always put me on fish. Probably my go to boat in AH. I also had good days on the Angler ( almost everyone's favorite boat) and the SeaHorse. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Sea Hunter. I had a lot of fun on the fall bass run. Good boat and a great group fo regulars. The mates were hard working. Another thumbs up to this boat.

One of the up and coming boats is the Seahawk out of Perth Amboy. This is on my to do list for the upcoming season. I've gotten consistent good reports on this captain.

Island Current out of City Island, Bronx. Capt. Chris is a gentleman and I have had two great nights on his boat. Last May we had a slow pick of bluefish until the tide turned and then it was lights out bass fishing. The boat his the dock at about 3:30 am, just enough time to shower and go to work. I'll be on this boat again for the bass run. It can draw a rough city crowd but I've never had a problem; heck, NY is a UN city. Not all of the guys speak english but we all speak fish. Great boat and close to us NY upstaters.

More on the Captree boats next time......