Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey fishing reports for April 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    they cant all be cows ill take it.

I hear ya,man. A fish is a fish is a fish.

Fished the back of raritan bay from 4-8 tonight. There were some bunker around, but not many so I used clams. I got 2 bass close to keeper but no cigar they fell a little short. A guy about 50 feet away from me got a bass that must have gone 20 pounds, boy was he happy. The sunset was beautiful and it was great to be out there.

well it was a nice sunday fished a few places there were some guys fish out giveing it a shot it was slow had bunker and clams fished both a big fat zero we did not fish till the next day but we were out there for a while the last spot of the night was back in the river aa cast out not 5 min reel was singing but no go but its just the start so we will be back tite lines and good fishin to all

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    well it was a nice sunday fished a few places there were some guys fish out giveing it a shot it was slow had bunker and clams fished both a big fat zero we did not fish till the next day but we were out there for a while the last spot of the night was back in the river aa cast out not 5 min reel was singing but no go but its just the start so we will be back tite lines and good fishin to all
    that new spot needs further investigation..... Best hit that I've had or seen all season.... I had the damn fish until I got tangled up with the other line and let some slack on it... had to be a 30 plus pounder from the feel of it.... Rich, I think we found them.... hit me up if you plan on going out soon....

Good work on the scouting G and AA, rivers have been colder except waaaay in the back. At least you had one quality fish on for a bit. Some nicer fish will be feeding in the next few days with this moon cycle. You'll gettum next time.

I fished raritan bay before sunrise, one little guy, 22", clams. It was a little foggy out.

Fished the river yesterday evening, got a 38" bass, after the picture she was released! nice fight!

wtg Lenny!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Some nicer fish will be feeding in the next few days with this moon cycle. You'll gettum next time.

nice fish, Len-duuuuuuuuude!!!!
    yeah well it wasnt no moon cycle last night, one baby bass and that was it, bro where are the bigger fish?

Fished Monday during the blow Jay fished from 11am-730pm got 4 keeprs and a bunch of shorts. I went after school and got a few shorts and got bit off.

Fished RB. this evenin on incoming, used herring and clams, nada. then i went to another place, by sunset the bunkers moved in, snaged a few, no fish under them.

Quote Originally Posted by WetSideShawn View Post
    Fished Monday during the blow Jay fished from 11am-730pm got 4 keeprs and a bunch of shorts. I went after school and got a few shorts and got bit off.
    bleeeeeeeeeeeeeewfissssssh!!! got one small bass this morning on worms, water was like dead.

fished the outgoing tonite. water was flat and moving fast. it was dark out there! plenty of swirls and a couple pops but only one fish at 26" ate a black bomber

Nice fish zev, on the artificials no less! I fished rb for 2 hours before sunrise. The bunker came in, I couldn't get any bass. One light hit on a bunker piece, though no hookups. Lenny nice fish, did you get it on bunker or clams?

Walked out front early am- shads/plugs-some light bumps-Nice Day.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Nice fish zev, on the artificials no less! I fished rb for 2 hours before sunrise. The bunker came in, I couldn't get any bass. One light hit on a bunker piece, though no hookups. Lenny nice fish, did you get it on bunker or clams?
    I had a good night last night cowherder, probably the best all season, though no keepers. I saw the bunker too and couldn't get anything with freshly snagged bloody pieces. I had clam on one pole and it kept getting hit. I ended up using the dozen clams I had and caught 7 bass to 24". They must have been the same year class because they were roughly all the same size. One fish swallowed the clam and circle. I cut the hook and it was bleeding, it probably died. It was great action, all around the end of the tide from 11-1am in the back of Raritan bay. Lenny that's a very nice fish, about how many pounds would you estimate it weighed?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Live herring

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Lenny that's a very nice fish, about how many pounds would you estimate it weighed?
    17 - 18 lb

Took my kayak out in RB by Cliffwood B. yesterday afternoon, i hooked up my 1st bluefish of the season, but those bloody teeth cut the line, nice fight though. It was around 8Lb. Got him on a bunker chunk.
    Here is some pix.

Went out this morning again at the same location, hoped i ran into bunker, didnot happen.
    nada!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast